axis homing problem

Thread: axis homing problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default axis homing problem

I haven't ran the mill for a few weeks now. I homed all 3 axis, and it alarmed out, saying it would not come out of reset. I couldn't move any axis with the shuttle. Started checking out and I could hear the Z axis limit switch trip. So off with the guards to get at the x and y. The x limit switch didn't click, so i loosened the dog and ok now. moved the table off and reset the dog..
    Somehow the table must have over traveled and stopped on the switch instead of reversing.

Anyone else have this problem? 1st time here.

Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: axis homing problem

One of the minor annoyances of Path Pilot is that the axes don't move when one is in the Conversational programming tab (and maybe elsewhere, haven't checked). Before doing anything else, if you can't get axis motion, be sure you're in the Main tab. This one has caused me a shock every now and then.

Also, in PP one can disable the limit switches in software, so that's apparently a workaround to physically moving the switch. Came up in another thread recently, I've never had to do it.

To answer the specific question, though: no, never had that happen, and my machine does sit for (sometimes) weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I never had this problem with mach but have it regularly with path pilot (almost every time I start up). It is a real PITA but I am sure tormach will come up with a fix.

QUOTE=toyshop;2096916]I haven't ran the mill for a few weeks now. I homed all 3 axis, and it alarmed out, saying it would not come out of reset. I couldn't move any axis with the shuttle. Started checking out and I could hear the Z axis limit switch trip. So off with the guards to get at the x and y. The x limit switch didn't click, so i loosened the dog and ok now. moved the table off and reset the dog..
    Somehow the table must have over traveled and stopped on the switch instead of reversing.

Anyone else have this problem? 1st time here.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: axis homing problem

I had the problem recently, I removed the Z limit and reset the machine, all that was necessary was to go to settings and turn off the limit switches............

I dont recollect having this problem with 1.9.11, maybe a new glitch in 1.9.12??

mike sr