Power drawbar request.

Thread: Power drawbar request.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Power drawbar request.

It would be nice to have the PDB locked out when pressure sensor detects insufficient pressure. Say in the case that you finally get into the shop after a crappy nights sleep (Thanks hurricane Harvey), go to remove your engraving EM and nothing happens aside from a faint click. Duh, the compressor ball valve was closed for the night. Sleepily walk over, begin turning the valve handle and make a really slow concern that what if the commanded button press was still electrically present. Surely Tormach would've thought about something like that...

Air rushing down the line, somewhat familiar noises happening, Clunk, pop, tink, CLANK, CLANK.

On the brightside, a Kyocera 3/64" 2FL ball mill can take a hit! The Kurt fixed jaw, not so much.

To be clear, I pressed the lock combination of buttons. My bad, yeah, but still seems like something that could benefit from a little programming logic.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Power drawbar request.

Pneumatic pressure switches are readily available, and cheap, in almost any pressure and switch configuration (NO, NC, etc.) you can imagine. Simply Tee it into the air supply, and wire it to disable the PDB air solenoid if the pressure is low.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unless I misunderstand that, would not have helped in ScottDW's scenario. He locked the PDB switch into release so when pressure was restored the pressure switch would close and the solenoid valve would actuate and release the PDB.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Unless I misunderstand that, would not have helped in ScottDW's scenario. He locked the PDB switch into release so when pressure was restored the pressure switch would close and the solenoid valve would actuate and release the PDB.
    Not if done correctly. Worst case, he'd have to add a relay wired so the pressure switch could disable the PDB on low air pressure, but the PDB could not be re-enabled without manual intervention (i.e. - pressing a low-pressure "reset" button).

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that I could roll my own. The point was that I think Tormach could take it a little further. A little yellow light on the status page and disabling the ATC gets us a few yards short of the goal line.

Just dreaming over here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a good case for adding a warning label.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have done or have happen the same thing once in 9yrs. I cried. Probably would happen more if I didn't have an ATC on the 1100 I use the most. Running the release circuit through a pressure switch seems a logical option.

RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, ATC, 4th

Downloads
    Uploads

I added the foot pedal when I bought my 1100 six years ago.

It took a little getting used to, but now I wouldn't be without it.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a foot pedal for my 1100 PDB but really don't use it that much.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never had it drop a tool with the ATC, i find that it gets to the point of tightening the PD and then errors, due to the fog buster sucking all the air from my small compressor. I have tried to lower the kick in pressure on my air-compressor but couldn't seem to get it right and haven't been back to fight with it....... as it doesn't kick in until below 60 psi at the minute.

I ended up putting a guage in, so at least I don't do it when running the manual PD manually.

If I can't get he compressor to cut in a little earlier, I might get a small 4x4 compressor tank and a one way valve for the PDB and ATC ; would probably hold enough air for a single change.

Cheers,
    .adrian

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power drawbar request.-20170906_163259-jpg