Newbie Any Tormach CNC Mill in my area (Bradenton, Florida) ?

Thread: Any Tormach CNC Mill in my area (Bradenton, Florida) ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Any Tormach CNC Mill in my area (Bradenton, Florida) ?

Hello Everyone

While familiar with and using a small woodworking CNC and 3D priner as well, I am looking also into "Metal" CNC machining but mostly for dense plastics and Aluminum.

I am a complete newbie in this field and was hoping there are some owners in my area who wouldn't mind to have some basic discussions about their Tormach.

I think one could call me a maker and (coming our of retirement) I like to find some parts I can design, develop and produce . Certainly nothing high tech or too elaborate.
    Designing in Fusion 360 is fun and 3D printing and woodworking CNCs are great tools . Sometimes they are just not the right or best tool to used. I believe with 61 years I still can learn and explore

Volkhard

CNC : Legacy Maverick 2'x5', 3+ 2 Axes
    3D Printing : CR 10
    Software : Fusion 360

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any Tormach CNC Mill in my area (Bradenton, Florida) ?

Check with Tormach for an owner near you who's expressed an interest in demonstrating. We're not hard to find.

Read this forum from the beginning for both an education and a good review of the Tormach machines. You'll see it all here. One other observation: this forum is one of the most active here (Haas and some other industrial machines have similar levels of activity). Most of the hobby machine forums are very light on comments. That dichotomy led me to a Tormach, about 8 years ago.

Look at the John Saunders NYCCNC series, especially the 1100 setup videos. They're a bit old now, but still very useful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any Tormach CNC Mill in my area (Bradenton, Florida) ?

I am in the Merritt Island area, which is across the state from you.
    Drop me a message if you want to talk or visit.