Slant Pro turret + QC tooling problems with Fusion 360

Thread: Slant Pro turret + QC tooling problems with Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Slant Pro turret + QC tooling problems with Fusion 360

Hey guys,
    Fusion 360 refuses to allow tools to cut from the -X direction for some awful unknown reason. PathPilot works great obviously but only allows for simple turning.

I'm trying to turn a part that requires use of a tool that's in a QC changer. F360 won't set it up right, regardless of tool orientation or turret setting. I'm amazed they've looked over such a trivial and important detail and through my searching I'm far from the only one.

I found a thread on here from last year through Google where someone posted a modified CPS file that would take care of this issue. I tried it and I'm getting an error and no output. The error I get is as follows:

Code:
    Error: Failed to evaluate post configuration.
    Code page changed to '1252  (ANSI - Latin I)'
    Start time: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:58:16 PM
    Error(\\server2k16\Data\Drawings\15L Slant Pro Lathe\Documents\Tormach SlantPRO.1.0.10.cps:7): SyntaxError: missing = in XML attribute
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Failed while processing global script.
    Error: Syntax error: Missing end of literal at line 153.
    I took a look at the CPS file in Notepad++ but I don't know enough about it to figure out what's going on. I'm assuming I can't reply to that thread because the post is from last year.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Slant Pro turret + QC tooling problems with Fusion 360

Look at line 153 of the POST. You should fine a literal string (a string enclosed in double quotes, probably as an argument to a writeLine or print statement), with the closing quote missing.

Regards,
    Ray L.