engraving software for my 770

Thread: engraving software for my 770

Downloads
    Uploads

Default engraving software for my 770

Hey guys, does anyone use engraving software other than the "write wizzard" on there tormach. I would like to get software that does a little more than the wizzard has to offer.
    I don't use cad/cam at all, I write all my programs by hand except for the engraving I do.
    I don't need anything too high tech just a little better than the wizzard in my mach 3 package.
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: engraving software for my 770

I dont use dedicated software here, I use the Rhino text function in my CAD program which will use the windows fonts or whatever I find on the net, gives a fair selection of different fonts but not as good as as dedicated software I am sure, but its is cheap doing it thjis way.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I had real problems, doing txt to the standard I wanted, mainly issues with getting letter spacing spot on. Checkout vcarve pro, it is what I use now, it's excellent but costs some $$.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do all my engraving with Fusion 360. Probably because I do everything with Fusion 360 :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

I've found that Cut2Ddesk is terrific. It generates very fast code, very quickly, with a wide range of font choices. Other software I've used is very slow to generate the code, but I haven't tried Fusion360. There are a bunch of engraving specific programs; I've tried several, always wind up with the Vectric product as my go-to answer.

added- Vcarve is also a Vectric product, just the expensive end.

Downloads
    Uploads

I use GibbsCam software and I can engrave any true type font.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

I used Onshape recently to do a negative text extrude on an instrument panel and passed the resulting STEP file to SprutCAM to do the engraving and that worked fairly well. The characters were small, though and It would have worked a lot better with single stroke fonts but Onshape doesn't support those yet. I then replicated the text with a single stroke directly from SprutCAM, though it was a major hassle to do the layout with Sprut.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys, I'll look into these.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    I've found that Cut2Ddesk is terrific. It generates very fast code, very quickly, with a wide range of font choices. Other software I've used is very slow to generate the code, but I haven't tried Fusion360. There are a bunch of engraving specific programs; I've tried several, always wind up with the Vectric product as my go-to answer.

added- Vcarve is also a Vectric product, just the expensive end.
    I also use cut2d desktop. Seems to work well as desired isn't too expensive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i use a couple freeware programs for basic engraving and curved textson my tormach, and also in my full time job for machines that don't have text writing available . f-engrave from scorchworks.com and stickfont from ncplot.com, cnc write is another but I have not used it. you can also download different font files for pathpilot, I found those on this forum somewhere single line fonts