Need Help! Ball screw

Thread: Ball screw

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ball screw

Hi all,
    I had my vise over the end of the table when I jogged the Y axis and it the back pillar, now when I jog the table, the ball screw is trying to come out off the machine.
    Is there a circlip or something that holds the ball screw in place ? When jogging in the opposite direction it is fine
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ball screw

Check out the manual.
    There should be an exploded parts view toward the back.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

A number of ball screws do have a c-clip or metal cap that is pressed in the end that ensures the balls are retained. Each manufacture has their own method. Look at the exact brand the used that is normally stamped on the ballnut and then look up the specs.
    Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Call or e-mail Tormach. You had a crash serious enough to visibly affect your machine. You have a situation that is exactly what Tormach had in mind when they set their tech support policy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    Call or e-mail Tormach. You had a crash serious enough to visibly affect your machine. You have a situation that is exactly what Tormach had in mind when they set their tech support policy.
    Sorry guys I have posted in the wrong forum My machine is a Beaver VM5 CNC milling machine but thanks for all your replies. I dont have a manual, I just dont know where to start, I would probably have to take off the end pulley and belt to the motor and have a look there

BR