Hooked on "Made in USA"

Thread: Hooked on "Made in USA"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hooked on "Made in USA"

Recently I found an old 14" Delta DP220 drill press, cleaned it and found it to be a pleasure to use. No spindle wobble and a quality feel I never experienced with mu Chicom Craftsman which I ended up giving to a friend. Although I have a 20 ton press, it really doesn't work well for small things like pressing roll pins in, so I thought a small arbor press would work better. Since the reviews and feedback for the Harbor Freight presses weren't too great., I decided to look for find a made in USA press. I found a new, made in Michigan, one ton Dake model 00. Sure it was a bit pricey when compared with HF, but it's a real beauty, smooth as silk with that made in USA quality feel. Works great for the small stuff and I'm glad I paid the extra dollars.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hooked on "Made in USA"

I had a friend a few years ago who had a shop that was going out of business and he has a half ton and a one ton Dake arbor press. I asked him how much he wanted for them and he told me to put them in my car and we'd talk about it later. I never could get him to tell me how much he wanted for those presses, and now I've lost contact with him.

I manufacture a line of running gear for remote control gas powered boats and I use the press to push bushings onto some of the wear parts.

I have had a PCNC 1100 in my garage since July 2011. It's not quite as accurate as the Haas I used to own, and it's a lot slower, but hey, I'm supposed to be retired so I have nothing but time on my hands. AND besides, my Tormach didn't cost anywhere close to $75,000.00.

Last edited by Steve Seebold; 07-29-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve, good find on those presses. Simple low tech devices still have a place in the shop. I was happy to find something still made here.

Downloads
    Uploads

English tools are not to bad also! these show as "irwin" my units have Record brand
    Recently I picked up a new Record dual jaw bench top vise from Lowes to match a couple 20 yo Record bench side jaw vise that I use on each end of my bench with soft jaws.

Hooked on "Made in USA"-recordvise2-jpg

Hooked on "Made in USA"-recordvise-jpg

Should have replaced the 40 yo 80lb Taiwan vise 10 years ago. this is a much safer unit lol talk about back lash in a tool the old vise had half turn on the handle

The new record is a nice unit, probably not the best day to day bench vise made "couple of hand made baby bullets come to mind" but they have a good history with me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Those look pretty good. I've had good luck with things from both the UK as well as from Europe. My Bison chucks from Poland have served me well.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a Dake 1 at a swap meet for $30.. looked almost new. Push bushing and dowel pins all day.. Pemnuts... done a walnut or two also

Automated Machinery Designer - PCNC1100 Series III upgrade, Graziano Sag 12 Lathe
    Solidworks 2016 (SW Certified), HSMWorks