I'm attempting the 3D Skull project in Aluminum. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm attempting the 3D Skull project in Aluminum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I'm attempting the 3D Skull project in Aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    ...Or is there another way to restart again without re homing am i missing something here ?
    Check out this video:

I don't have a tool changer so I have the optional stops running. During the tool change is when I notice my broken tool (unless it's a major crash) so after replacing the tool and resetting the length offset I do what Dan does in the video.

How can I stop machine and perform all those tasks unless I hit the big red button
    Don't hit the big red button unless it's an EMERGENCY.
    When my endmill snapped, I just cussed and hit the spacebar (feedhold). Then turned off the spindle.
    I noted the line I was on, and jogged Z up before doing anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the information. I have very very few problems with broken tools. Drill bits that stick in cheap chucks that is about all the drama I have. And yes I only push the big red button at the end of the day So I have little experience with machine operation interruption. Will try this next time I see a problem. Most the time my parts are so small if I have any problems the part is trash and flying across the room. I need an enclosure not for coolant and swarf, but for safety .Like a few others around here a days work fits in your hand
    Again thanks for info. I set and do the same things that work and never understood or tried this. Would be handy when a small drill bit slips in the chuck and the part is still ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12