770 enclosure air and electrical cabling

Thread: 770 enclosure air and electrical cabling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 770 enclosure air and electrical cabling

I will soon be installing the full enclosure for the 770 but am unclear as to how the airlines, electrical cabling, etc are run in to and out of the machine. Does anyone have pictures of the rear side of a 770 with a full enclosure?

Thanks
    -pmf

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 770 enclosure air and electrical cabling

I did a full enclosure recently and had the same questions. I have found most of Tormach's installation instructions lacking, but their tech support is helpful and operation instructions and training videos are good. Anyway, they coached me through it and here are some shots. The confusing part to me was that some of the wires exit through a gap between the enclosure and y-axis motor.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjFnNXldP4J3ft412

And a tip, if you are also installing the door switch, there is a step to drill a hole to pass the switch wiring into the electrical cabinet. That is much easier to do before the enclosure is in place. Afterwards it is a long reach and you are limited as to where you can place it. The enclosure instructions should warn you early on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Steve. These pictures are very helpful.

A couple more questions

- Where did you mount your FRL?

- Do you have the fog buster? If so, where did you mount the tank?

It baffles me as to why they do not have all of the knock-outs already cut into the electrical cabinet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know what an FRL is. But yes, we do have a fog buster mounted on the enclosure on the right. I added a few more pictures to the linked album. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjFnNXldP4J3ft412

Also got the switch to go between flood and mist coolants, which required another hole in the base to get the power line to the outlet on the machine. Seems much of this is meant to be improvised. That may not have been necessary, had we better instructions. They give a power cable that has to be cut in half. But the male side actually has to be longer to reach the outlet under the electrical enclosure. Ours couldn't reach if it went out the hole in the bottom of the stand near the controller.

Oh, and the switch they sent was incorrect. It was single pole when it should have been double pole.