Need Help! PCNC1100 stuck on limit switches?

Thread: PCNC1100 stuck on limit switches?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PCNC1100 stuck on limit switches?

Out of the blue, my mill has stopped working.

Here's what I'm seeing:

When I power it up, the PathPilot status window appears, displaying 3 error messages:

Z-axis limit active
    Y-axis limit active
    X-axis limit active

This appears even before I push the button to start the machine. When I do press the start button, it takes several clicks on the reset button before it stops flashing.

If I then attempt to reference any of the axes, I get an error telling me to move the machine off the limit switch. The weird thing is that I don't think it is actually touching the limit switches. I can clearly see the Z axis switch & the stop is about an inch away from it.

If I try to jog any of the axes, I get an error: "take machine out of Estop before jogging "

Now, here's where it gets really weird.

I go to the settings window & click "disable reference switches", then attempt to jog any of the 3 axes. The DRO for the axis that I am jogging indicates that the machine is moving on that axis (display counts up or down, depending on the direction that I am jogging)... but the machine is NOT moving.

Anyone have a clue about this? I could sure use some help, as I am presently dead in the water...

Thanks,
    Gerry Kmack
    Cave Creek Woodworks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PCNC1100 stuck on limit switches?

Not sure if it will help but found this link

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...it-switch.html

I would try powering down the controller - unplug it for cold reset and then power everything up again.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Reseat mesa card. Happened to me yesterday from vibrations

Might also be a limit switch shorting out but I think it will call out a specific switch if that happens so have all three switch short out at the same time seems very improbable. I would do what brianbonedoc is suggesting, seems like the most logical try..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, to finish this thread off, after spending hours on the phone with Tormach tech support, turned out the Machine Control Board on my mill was fried. Apparently caused by a nearby lightning strike. Now that the MCB is replaced, my 1100 is once again fully functional.
    Only one remaining quirk: when I start up the controller, I get 3 errors telling me that the limit switches on XYZ axes are all set (they're not). I just ignore those errors, complete machine startup as normal & everything is totally fine from that point forward... Tormach is still puzzling over that, suggested it might help to replace my MESA card.
    The take away for me from this incident: Tormach tech support is AWESOME!!! I could not have asked for better support. I will post the details in a separate thread, but suffice it to say that they were there for me when I needed them & stuck with me until the problem was diagnosed & fixed. Kudos especially to John & Jen!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk