Engraving

Thread: Engraving

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Engraving

I am wondering if anybody has or does engraving using the 4th axis on a round part. Not straight down the part in "X" but around the part in "A" I have been playing around with fusion and can't seem to get it to write it that way. Any help would be great!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Engraving

I can't help you here as this is uncharted territory for me. But I'm interested in this subject.

Is your question CAD related, CAM related, Postprocessor related or Pathpilot related? Sounds like its CAD related.

If your question is CAD related, I may be able to help you. My experience is with Inventor not Fusion but I think the workflow and process is the same. I first make a plane tangent to the face of the cylinder. Create a sketch on the plane. Create the text you want to engrave in the sketch, position and orient however you want. Finish the sketch. Then Emboss, and check "wrap to face", selecting the cylinder as the face. Click OK. Done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Take a look at CNCWrapper.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have no experience with Fusion 360, but my understanding is fusion360 is 2.5D
    While your project is 4D.

to lazy to chase arrows

Downloads
    Uploads

Fusion360 ultimate is at least 4D, but I haven't tried 4D yet.

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Using Sprutcam it is simple for the most part. There is a couple ways to do it also. My cad system does not draw font based text that can be used as tool paths and its time consuming to draw the letters where you want them. After that the cam part is easy. Also engraving scale marks around a cylinder is a couple clicks if you have them drawn where you want them on the igs model surface