Tormach Rapid Turn Y-axis movement

Thread: Tormach Rapid Turn Y-axis movement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach Rapid Turn Y-axis movement

I am wanting to know how you can override the alarm for a Y-axis move in the program. I have designed a gang block with tools along the Y-axis and need to move in Y to index to different tools. Has anyone out there done that.

Thanks,
    Coolant Slinger

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach Rapid Turn Y-axis movement

Keen,
    I need to get the Rapid turn CSS figured out before I experiment with the Y-axis thing.
    I had to do sum testing with the Rapid turn, and to familiarize myself with it in order to talk sensible about the matter. I adjusted the sensor that reads the flag on the spindle per Tormach's recommendation. I learned that the sensor can keep up with the rpm up to 300 rpm. At 350 rpm the feed on threading gets choppy. At 400 rpm the program stops on the first facing G01 feed line.
    It seems to be a problem with the controller keeping up with the higher rpm's. I have tried the sensor close to the flag and away from the flag and get same results. The controller I am running is one of Tormachs first controllers they made. I wonder if it is not robust enough to keep up with the pulses of the high rpm's. Any ideas?

Coolant Slinger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach Rapid Turn Y-axis movement

Keen,
    Thanks for the video. This is exactly how my Rapid Turn is reacting. Although I was able to remove the sensor mounting plate with the rapid turn mounted on the mill table, it was a tight squeeze. I losenened the motor and propt it up out of the way. I ground the bracket a little at the top of the sensor to make it easier to remove in the futre. Tormach is sending me another sensor. Hope to get it running soon. I noticed some vibration around the 1000 rpm mark. I am thinking it is where the spindle flag is not counterbalanced. Have you tried to counterbalance yours?