440 movement issue

Thread: 440 movement issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 440 movement issue

So, today I go and warm up the machine to get ready and run some jobs. I'm cutting and everything g is cutting fine but I noticed that it seemed off a little. I go and take my x and y off set again and everything looks good and I run the program again. It still seems off and I stop. I take my off set again and the offset jumps .034. I was able to save the part but have no idea what happened. Anyone ever have movement issues like this before. This is the second time this has happened.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 440 movement issue

I have had 2 times that the X axis stepper has lost steps, once while cutting under light load the other just while moving the table. I had not been able to duplicate it since. I did check the gib adjustment and made sure the ways are getting a lot of oil so that I hope it doesn't happen while running a part. My 440 is about 2 months old.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have never done a Gibbs adjustment or a blacklash test. Time to google it. I lost .034 in movement tin the middle of running a part. One of the boss I was milling came out fine and the other one got cut into. When I re ran the program it actually cut into the first post. I'm not sure what it is. Cause I took the offset (x) 4 times, the third showed it being off by .034. But on the 4th it was fine. But I ended up shifting the offset by .034 to finish the part. So, somewhere it lost .034.

Edit: just did the test. Blacklash is .0005 or less or seemed. I'd attach a video but don't know how.

Last edited by nutzilla; 04-17-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

100%. This occurred only twice since I had the machine.