Return of Rapid Return Mid-April

Thread: Return of Rapid Return Mid-April

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Return of Rapid Return Mid-April

I called Tormach and they told me they expect to have the updated RT's in mid-April. I asked if I could pre-order but they said they will have a large enough supply.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Return of Rapid Return Mid-April

Looking to order one myself. Got my fingers crossed that they fixed everything this time around.

Awall

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What issues were they having?

Downloads
    Uploads

See the videos from Keen in an earlier thread. He unfortunately found that the dimensions at the back of the spindle where the collet is supposed to mate was too large on all the initial run of RapidTurns. Tormach has been busy replacing the spindles for existing owners and presumably is getting ready to relaunch to everyone with proper dimension spindles.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Advil View Post
    See the videos from Keen in an earlier thread. He unfortunately found that the dimensions at the back of the spindle where the collet is supposed to mate was too large on all the initial run of RapidTurns. Tormach has been busy replacing the spindles for existing owners and presumably is getting ready to relaunch to everyone with proper dimension spindles.
    Well, that is one hell of an oversight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
    Well, that is one hell of an oversight.
    Also spindle sensor problems. Mine was replaced complete due to the spindle issue and when running at over (approx.) 1000rpm the sensor is faulty, so X/Z axis traversing isn't smooth, and threading becomes impossible. After email exchanges with Tech Support who have been great, they agreed to send me a new sensor and cable, but i found out after a week of waiting they are backordered! Not sure when they will be available. The sensors in the new RTs are different than the originals (which in mine worked fine). I just wish I'd found the issue before sending the old one back! Luckily I'm not in a production environment, just a hobbyist, but it's still a shame to have the issue after all the hassle for the spindle. Let's hope this is the end of the issues; I am very pleased with the RT's capabilities and performance (otherwise) and for those who are waiting patiently, I'm sure you'll find it worth-it.

Incidentally, on suggestion from Tormach, I checked the sensor was connected to the 12v output on the din plug (there's 5v there also), and tried different sensor gaps. Seems it's a bad sensor. Keen's other Rapid Turn thread has recent further detail.

Cheers, Andy
    UK