Stuck on limit switch

Thread: Stuck on limit switch

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stuck on limit switch

I've been searching but everything I find is for mach3, on pathpilot how do I override the hard limit switch? I hit the z axis one and now it won't move

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stuck on limit switch

pathpilot 1.9.8

you should be able to push reset while it sits on the limit, once reset the Z axis should move off the llimit.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

If it doesn't, go to settings, check override switches, move table off switch, go back and change back in settings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Or just loosen/move the switch or cam enough to disconnect and allow a reset. Keen
    Yea; what he said. This is what I might have tried if simply clicking on the reset icon didn't work. If it doesn't work you can still get to the screws that hold the limit switch in place. Just mark its position, remove it completely, shut off the machine and restart. On start up you click on all the usual start up icons and you should be able to lower the Z axis. Then it's just a matter of re-installing the limit switch back in the same position.

When I first got my Tormach I started having an intermittent problem with one of my limit switches. On my machine it was the Y axis limit switch that was bad. A couple of times I mistakenly went a little to far in the X axis and had it get stuck but all I had to do was click on the flashing reset icon and I was able to get it to move the opposite direction to take care of the problem.

MetalShavings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A temporary short across J2-4 and J2-2 on the 770 control board will defeat the y axis limit switch and allow movement. It appears to be the same for the 1100.

Downloads
    Uploads

Power down or eStop
    Twist drive (motor or ball screw) a bit to get off the limit switch
    Power up, REZERO

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Jesus, try my option before you take anything apart. It happens sometimes, it's a software bug I think, try the easiest solution first. Just my 0.02...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    Jesus, try my option before you take anything apart. It happens sometimes, it's a software bug I think, try the easiest solution first. Just my 0.02...
    +1, especially about not taking anything apart!
    What popspipes said is also correct. This happens fairly often to me and PathPilot is designed to cope with it. You should be able to simply reset while on a limit switch and PP then allows ONE jog movement. If you jog in the wrong direction, or not far enough you'll have to reset again.
    I've never had any issues with this feature.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

Just as a follow up, hitting reset did nothing. Power cycled and still nothing. Got distracted and left it alone for about 20 mins and when I came back it just worked. Not sure what it's problem was but I'm back to making chips. Thanks guys

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbunyip View Post
    Just as a follow up, hitting reset did nothing. Power cycled and still nothing. Got distracted and left it alone for about 20 mins and when I came back it just worked. Not sure what it's problem was but I'm back to making chips. Thanks guys
    Some of these things are "quirks" in Pathpilot, some of them have disapeared with later updates, it is a work in progress to some extent, no software works perfectly out of the box that I am familiar with.

I have never had it make a machining mistake..... that alone makes it a winner here!

It is good to see that you replied back to the topic as to your results, that is helpful to others who may have similar problems........

Glad to see you got it going again!

mike sr