Tormach customer service - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tormach customer service

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach customer service

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood View Post
    I sure wish we could all buy under a Co-op's account with Grainger, MSC, or McCarr. Something like a Tormach Users Assoc. a not for profit organization membership that would nego. account discounts etc. we'd still paid with our own money but just under a single account... as an individual, I feel violated everytime I buy something from MSC

Wormwood
    I got in on a big account on MSC. Let me tell you its awesome! The discounts vary, but its still very nice. Just ordered a Kurt DX6 for $430 shipped (next day)

If the opportunity comes up do it!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have nothing but good things to say about Tormachs service.

Im in Australia so buying a Tormach was a worry concerning parts and service, however with my machinery Technical background (not in CNC) i thought id take the gamble and bought a 1100.

I had 3 issues through the first 12 months where i contacted them, the only problem i did have initially was my emails went to their junk folder, eventually through contacting a different department my existence and emails were found.

Once contact was made, they were amazing.

First issue was me being stupid.

Second issue was a stuck key on the keyboard, they talked me through fault finding it, threw on a standard PC keyboard while they shipped a new keyboard to me.

Third issue was a faulty spindle, they immediately shipped one over to me which was DOA, contacted them, again another one was sent out, super fast.

Each time parts arrived in less than a week from the US to Australia.

Tonight i ordered G-Wizard, put my order through using my credit card and i got a error on Tormachs site while processing it.

Fair enough, did the order again and it went through.

2 minutes later i had a email from Megan at tormach to tell me i paid twice and if i would like a refund on one. Talk about quick AND service.

Now saving for my second machine......these guys certainly stand behind their service and products.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, figured I'd post up a SUPER positive interaction with Tormach sales/customer service.

Ordered my Rapid Turn on Monday along with a separate order of some items like TTS holders and such. 100% Super customer service by Megan!!!! throughout the process. She stayed in touch with me about the status and when it would ship. The only item that's back ordered is the motor quick connect (should be in next week). However, I was advised of this from the get go.

Well, everything arrived yesterday (smaller UPS order) and today (the RT via truck freight). Everything was in excellent shape and packaged well.

Later,
    Awall

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood View Post
    I sure wish we could all buy under a Co-op's account with Grainger, MSC, or McCarr. Something like a Tormach Users Assoc. a not for profit organization membership that would nego. account discounts etc. we'd still paid with our own money but just under a single account... as an individual, I feel violated everytime I buy something from MSC

All I have left waiting to ship is a Rapid-turn & some carbide bits, overall. NoW the UPS guy thinks I'm weird having delivered at least one package everyday for the past 7-8 days but he'll get over it. My order in particular was an exception, the stars must have lined up just right as I paid.

Wormwood
    I buy from MSC only as a last resort. I bought some Guhring drills a couple of days ago and their price was almost $7.00 each over what I can get them for at a local supplier. But to MSC's credit, from my local supplier I would have had to buy a whole package of 10 drills at $21.00 each. I don't need 10 drills, 4 will last me 10 years.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joshetect View Post
    I got in on a big account on MSC. Let me tell you its awesome! The discounts vary, but its still very nice. Just ordered a Kurt DX6 for $430 shipped (next day)

If the opportunity comes up do it!

Don't worry, if I smell it anywhere close I'll jump on it!

Once upon a time we had the brother-in-law discount with Grainger, as a result I have more Dayton crap than any one person has a right to own! though it did make me a little lazy, it was all too easy to open the catalog & logon the website punch in the part # then check out... Never spending the time to research...

Estes Express called today my Rapid-Turn finally made it here, can't remember when I ordered but about 5 weeks ago. They say their getting back on top of things now. I guess everyone's wanting to make those fidget spinners these days, so demand is high. In all Tormach is doing just fine & doing business internationally just isn't as easy as swiping your MC/Visa. They do provide a good product, with the exception of the Fog Buster (....should have been named the Fog Master) but that's okay, I should have bought a Trico in the first place.

Wormwood

Downloads
    Uploads

Ordered two belts for the 770 and got them to Australia in a little over 2 weeks, which is pretty good - happy with that.

Only complaint is the 60 bucks freight US they charged me, when they could have put them in an oversized envelope and not a box that would have easily taken a 100 belts in it..... ho hum!

Cheers,
    .adrian

Downloads
    Uploads

Tormach's shipping charges are my biggest complaint. It seems impossible to get anything to Canada from Tormach for much less than us$50. For a recent order weighing about 10 pounds Tormach's shipping quotes ranged from us$116.32 to us$194.84. The same order shipped to my son in CT was us$17.34 to us$61.41 (2nd day air)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    It seems impossible to get anything to Canada from Tormach for much less than us$50.
    The last time I tried to ship something to Canada, the deal fell apart because the shipping was more than the cost of the item and far more than it would have to ship within the US. For some reason it seems to be very expensive to ship anything from the US to Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that shipping to Canada is more expensive than within the US. However some US suppliers such as Digikey, LL Bean and BH Photo manage to ship for free. Why does Tormach charge almost $50 for anything?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    The last time I tried to ship something to Canada, the deal fell apart because the shipping was more than the cost of the item and far more than it would have to ship within the US. For some reason it seems to be very expensive to ship anything from the US to Canada.
    It just is that expensive. I sold some parts in my regular business to a friend up in Canada a few weeks ago. A relatively small box was $48 shipping and then the receiver had to pay almost another $100 in customs fees on a $450 package. It was insane. And they still thought it was a good deal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Orders over $100 ship for free from BH Photo and arrive in Toronto in two days. Orders over $150 ship for free from Digikey and arrive in two days.

I'm guessing that you shipped via UPS which charges outrageous fees (not duty or tax) for "handling".

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried calling or requesting a quote? Maybe their automated shipping prices are messed up, I've seen that happen on other sites for shipping out of the US

Downloads
    Uploads

For shipping to Canada, best option is USPS Flat Rate, if you can fit it into one of their boxes. Otherwise, Fedex Ground is, by FAR, the next best option. Don't even waste your timie pricing UPS - their rates across the board are completely insane, often as much as 3X the Fedex rate. You can setup a free account online, pay by credit card, and print your own labels, then have your package picked up at your house or office. For anything that is too big for Flat Rate, Fedex Ground is a bargain, and the service is excellent.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

I completely agree but Tormach doesn't. They only offer USPS Priority Mail Express International, UPS Worldwide Expedited and
    UPS Express Saver. All of their options have ridiculous charges!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    For shipping to Canada, best option is USPS Flat Rate, if you can fit it into one of their boxes.
    I just checked and a package worth $200 shipped from the US to Canada has flat prices of $26, $46, $60 - those are all significant multipliers of the domestic flat rate costs. It's still probably cheaper than UPS charges, but I was surprised to see they were that much higher than US flat rates.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is vastly cheaper than the UPS charges since anything sent via UPS entails additional fees to the recipient of about $50. That is in addition to what the shipper pays plus any tax plus any duty owed.

Most of my Tormach orders (TTS holders, drive belts, etc) would easily fit into a Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8" with a maximum weight of 4 pounds) for $24.95. Or First-Class Package International Service (max value of $400) for only $15.50.

Why doesn't Tormach use some of these readily available options?

Downloads
    Uploads

It is vastly cheaper than the UPS charges since anything sent via UPS entails additional fees to the recipient of about $50. That is in addition to what the shipper pays plus any tax plus any duty owed.

Most of my Tormach orders (TTS holders, drive belts, etc) would easily fit into a Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8" with a maximum weight of 4 pounds) for $24.95. Or First-Class Package International Service (max value of $400) for only $15.50.

Why doesn't Tormach use some of these readily available options?
    It may be they just don't know that UPS is the worst shipper for Canadians. Have you asked them if they could ship USPS to Canada? If they are asked often enough they may add USPS as a shipping option.

Downloads
    Uploads

They do offer USPS Priority Mail Express International which is very expensive. Yes, I've asked and they say that is all that they offer. I assume that they have few Canadian customers or they don't care. I'd love to hear that others have had more success.

Downloads
    Uploads

They do offer USPS Priority Mail Express International which is very expensive. Yes, I've asked and they say that is all that they offer.
    Call John at Santa Cruz Electronics, who is a stocking Tormach reseller, and has better shipping rates than Tormach.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

So paid for an 1100 & Stand and a few other things on Monday, I am picking up the Freight stuff at the Terminal to save a little on shipping (plus my driveway is super steep and no way a tractor trailer is getting up it, or a pallet jack for that matter). Got the UPS tracking info for all the smaller stuff and it was delivered today.... To the Freight company! Whoops. Luckily its right up the street.

Freaked out for a minute because I saw it was delivered "Inside delivery, signed by scott" I dont know any Scott lol. So after that minor freakout I figured what happened.. Called the terminal and they had opened it and were trying to figure out who at Estes ordered this stuff!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast