Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Default Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

I know TORMACH is relocating to a new warehouse, but this is ridiculous!
    Is anyone else having problems with their orders?
    I ordered my Path Pilot upgrade kit last Tuesday, and it STILL hasn't shipped.
    Huh?
    I Emailed them last Friday, asking if it was shipped yet. They answered that their warehouse is severely backlogged.
    Today I received another Email that said they're still 'prepping' my order for shipment, as their warehouse is severely backed-up on orders.
    They said they would Email me with a tracking number when it's shipped.
    Nothing yet.
    Sheesh!!
    Drop in it an envelope already!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Huhhh, guess that means I'm not getting my Fog Buster before the weekend. Ordered it on Monday but have heard nothing since....

Would have been nice of them to have posted a heads - up about the delays.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Even a month ago things were getting slow shipping from Tormach. Actually, I'd say that's been true for the past 2-3 months.

Email responses to tech questions basically seem to go unanswered as of late (like since 1st of year).

No idea what's up, but don't like the trend.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

I placed an other during the time they said shipments would be delayed due to moving the warehouse. Mine shipped the ontime, faster than I expected. Maybe it depends on whether they have found the box your parts are in yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got a 5" vise in four days two week ago.

to lazy to chase arrows

Downloads
    Uploads

Classic signs of an otherwise good company, growing to fast. One of the main symptoms of a company growing to fast is that they loose their efficiency and can no longer keep up with customers' purchases. Lucky for Tormach that they have the "We're Moving To Our New Warehouse" excuse.

I'm sure that Tormach will eventually work things out but in the mean time they and their customers can count on some inconvenient growing pains. If growth isn't managed properly, the increase in business brings with it an increase in things that can go wrong; as many of you are now experiencing.

MetalShavings

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same experience as IMT. I ordered a ring light and collets and they were to me in 3-4 days. I got the warehouse notification and just assumed that shipment would be delayed.

Likely they have pulled inventories down to make moving easier.

gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so I am not the only one who thinks they have slowed down a bit...
    took a couple of days to get the invoice/order acknowledgement thingy...
    then by the time I had finally got the tracking number, my stuff was already here...
    what is the point of having a tracking number for something that has already been delivered?

oh well,,, slightly annoying, but all's well that ends well I guess..

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was beginning to worry, I ordered an 1100 last week and figured I would have it by now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, I had the same bad experience. Placed several orders prior to their closing of the warehouse (Which I was fine with, I feel like they did a good job of notifying people and giving them time to place orders before the close of the warehouse). One order shipped next day air, then they mixed up order numbers and tracking numbers. My last order placed on the 8th still hasn't shipped (well, shipping label created yesterday but no tracking info, we've all seen that trick to attempt to pacify the customer). I called them last Friday about the mixup, each time I got the same answer "It shows that it is packed and should ship today or tomorrow".

It didn't help that when I called them the lady on the phone was short with me when I was trying to explain how they had mixed up the order and tracking numbers and two orders placed a day apart. Fortunately the other two women I spoke with were much more pleasant (Thanks for the help Sandra and Megan!).

I will keep using them for all required items (TTS tooling and repair parts) but any items that can be purchased from other suppliers will be. Tormach has lost all but my required business due to the constant run around I've been getting. Lost a lot of respect for the company giving me the run-around for 10 days.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did Tormach move again or just add warehouse space?

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont mind waiting as long as they are straightforward with me about the whole process. I tried calling several times but I guess they are not taking calls. I just nee the machine here soon because I have work for it right off the bat. I will have it working right away. I am using another machine that is not mine and have very limited time on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
    I dont mind waiting as long as they are straightforward with me about the whole process. I tried calling several times but I guess they are not taking calls. I just nee the machine here soon because I have work for it right off the bat. I will have it working right away. I am using another machine that is not mine and have very limited time on it.
    Hope I dont slow your delivery down. I just ordered 35 piece 5c collet set "cant have to many 5c's" and holders

Awesome is on the way to your location. I would be getting everything ready. Nice dedicated power connections, regulated filtered compressed air hook ups if your not using their compressor, clean some space for un crate, inspect. Get all the fun rigging and hoists tuned up and ready to assemble base and mill. I must say when you get one of those machines, unless your awesome it is going to take a few days to get setup and ready for use depending on options. Power draw bar, load meter automatic oiler, 4th axis, ATC take time to get tuned and working correctly. Then get all your tts holders clean and tool tables built and ready for your programs. Check the tram, backlash, gibs..................................... I think back and it took about a week for me by myself. Anyway I would not rush this process. It was one of the fun parts for me.

I am looking forward to a sbl in a few months, I have a location and a plan to get it in place already

Still no word on my PathPilot.
    I guess I'll have to call them AGAIN on Monday..
    *Sigh*

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you should try emailing. Doubt they will get to answer any calls, they seem to be dealing with too many people because of the delays. I just emailed them and asked them about the situation.

On the bright side, you'll love Pathpilot when you finally receive it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Huhhh, guess that means I'm not getting my Fog Buster before the weekend. Ordered it on Monday but have heard nothing since....

Got an email from Meghan with the tracking number on Thursday. Finally showed up in the UPS system today. Shows that it will be delivered on Tuesday. In this case, not their usual fast service but hey, I've moved my shop several times over the past 25 years and there's almost no way it cannot have an impact on your ability to ship. Lesson for Tormach.... communication to customers when the put stuff in the shopping cart about possible delays due to xxxxx, or an email with the order confirmation.

I think Tormach will get her legs back under her in the coming year. They've had some growth bumps not to mention the loss of Greg Jackson (RIP brother) but still think they are a great company and I owe where I'm at today in machining to them for making it possible.

Now go make some chips dammit!

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post

Fogbusters are cool. When I wanted one, I went to the company to get it. They are made about 2 miles from where I live.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Did Tormach move again or just add warehouse space?
    I was told that they are outsourcing shipping to a 3rd party fulfillment service.

Unlike you guys, they messed up in the other direction with me. They shipped me my order twice :/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mrquacker View Post
    I was told that they are outsourcing shipping to a 3rd party fulfillment service.

Unlike you guys, they messed up in the other direction with me. They shipped me my order twice :/
    Well, I am going on a week and a half since I paid them over 10 grand and they have not fulfilled anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mrquacker View Post

Ha, wow, that is great. Warehousing and fulfillment has to considered one of their core competencies of the business and is one of the two areas that customers will judge them on (The other being the performance of their machines). I'm pretty sure it is always a good idea to hand over an area so critical to customer satisfaction to a third party! /sarc

Mind boggling, I wouldn't be surprised if they never get satisfactory performance from their third party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
    Well, I am going on a week and a half since I paid them over 10 grand and they have not fulfilled anything.
    Man... I thought I had reason to be upset with $1500 in outstanding orders! Sorry to hear that!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast