Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Sorry, no beer. I quit drinking 30 years ago. Don't even keep it around anymore.
    that is just horrible, I couldn't even imagine living like that... you have my deepest sympathies...

"If I don't go out drinking tonight I’ll wake up in the morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed, and who the hell wants to go through life acting like a goddamn squirrel"
    anyway, hope you get better soon...

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Downloads
    Uploads

Placed an order on Sunday night and had tracking numbers 36hrs later. Looks like they are getting some traction in the warehouse!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDW View Post
    Placed an order on Sunday night and had tracking numbers 36hrs later. Looks like they are getting some traction in the warehouse!
    Good, I was hoping to order 20 er holders this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a couple of small parts via the web store Monday and got electronic confirmation that evening. Today UPS notified me to expect the delivery tomorrow, so delivery seems to be running 2 days longer than I used to get. Not terrible, but I liked the quicker delivery of the "olden" days and once in a while quick delivery was job critical..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I ordered a couple of small parts via the web store Monday and got electronic confirmation that evening. Today UPS notified me to expect the delivery tomorrow, so delivery seems to be running 2 days longer than I used to get. Not terrible, but I liked the quicker delivery of the "olden" days and once in a while quick delivery was job critical..

Well, that sure is a hell of a lot better than a few months ago. So maybe they are finally getting everything in order.

Downloads
    Uploads

The parts I ordered Monday evening showed up today via UPS and the return address is in a different town than Tormach's offices and showroom. Does anyone know if they outsourced the warehouse or just ran out of room in their current building and moved the operation to new space? The new location is about 75 miles away from the showroom so it sounds like a straight outsourcing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ordered parts this morning, have shipping confirmation and tracking number a few hours later.

Looks like (hopefully) things are back on track.

WW

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Friday last week I ordered an 1100 with stand, enclosure, atc, etc... I got pro# for 3 crates from Tormach today & so far everything has shipped from Wisconsin.

Wormwood

Downloads
    Uploads

My RT arrived on time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ordered 1100 with Enclosure, 4th axis & ATC 1 month ago & I am still being told that items are on back order, problem being is that every week the items keep changing that are on "back order", so far it has been very poor service with only half of the e-mails getting any response...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GCCNC View Post
    Ordered 1100 with Enclosure, 4th axis & ATC 1 month ago & I am still being told that items are on back order, problem being is that every week the items keep changing that are on "back order", so far it has been very poor service with only half of the e-mails getting any response...
    I keep trying to order a Rapid Turn but parts keep being back-ordered. All of this is really starting to weigh heavily on my thoughts of going with the AutoMateCNC FL300 II instead of the Slant Pro...... I hate it! I'm hoping that they can pull things together soon.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

I just noticed that the 6" chuck for the Slant Lathe is also on "back-order". wha???

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    I just noticed that the 6" chuck for the Slant Lathe is also on "back-order". wha???
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders. (2) The company is lacking enough cash flow and cash reserves to keep stock on the shelf. Which, if this is the case it's a shame because it actually hurts their sales because customers cannot "purchase". Let's all hope it's option #1, however, if it keeps up into the summer.... I think we have our answer.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not had any issue at all in the last few months with at least a dozen orders. I live in the state though so most of the time I get my stuff the next day. In fact I just ordered a mill and the check has not even cleared yet and they are shipping me stuff.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders.
    I visited the Tormach HQ last week. The place is packed with new people. Every available area is now cubicles and offices. They are super busy.

As for the Rapidturn, I was told that all the new ones are working and shipping, but everything sitting in storage and warehousing is slowly getting upgraded and fixed. They had some small QC issue that needed fixed before they shipped them all out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders. (2) The company is lacking enough cash flow and cash reserves to keep stock on the shelf. Which, if this is the case it's a shame because it actually hurts their sales because customers cannot "purchase". Let's all hope it's option #1, however, if it keeps up into the summer.... I think we have our answer.

Always a good problem to solve when demand outpaces supply! One of the better problems to focus and work on!
    ECO 101 states when demand is high and supply is low prices go up.
    Anyway I dont have much problem with my orders mostly consumer stuff and a collets, not machine parts. I admit I have no spare drives or control boards. I have a set of bearings for all the x,y,z, axis. If that problem happens then I would be dark for a while.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345