Deluxe Stand - Coolant draining, chips under the machine, etc - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deluxe Stand - Coolant draining, chips under the machine, etc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood View Post
    Could someone explain the benefit of flood coolant over a Trico micro droplet system? I had a Trico on my previous CNC & loved it, however, I went with Tormach's flood coolant system when i bought my 1100 & it didn't take but a week before "The Swamp" developed under the base. That same day I called & ordered a Trico system & began to clean out the swamp... Now I have the Trico system setup integrated with the my SmartCool & MultiCool module & couldn't be happier

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but why stick it out with the flood coolant or even a wash down? My chips are all dry & not even a sticky residue, so I can simply vacuum out the base, no towels, no cleansers, no swamp, just a Rigid shop vac and after 5 mins. it looks like I just bought it again???

Wormwood
    A spray mister works great when you are cutting a profile or a surface, but it doesn't work when you are pocketing or drilling. A mister like a Fogbuster just doesn't give you the air pressure to blow chips out of the way.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deluxe Stand - Coolant draining, chips under the machine, etc

Quote Originally Posted by punkman View Post
    I can only speak for myself but number one I cannot stand compressors, air powered equipment running all the time it is annoying as hell. .
    I thought I was the only one!

I suffer from a slight case of tinnitus, and though it really only bothers me at night while trying to sleep, I don't want it getting any worse. I wear ear plugs almost constantly at work (job shop machinist) as well as at home, but if I can eliminate noise at the source, I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12