How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    Can you be more specific. If the suppressor is connected across a particular contactor or an unused convenience power socket, how can it influence noise entering through say the limit switch wiring. What am I missing.

Phil
    I may have misunderstood. If the RC filters are on the limit switch pins on the BOB they will be effective. If they are on other circuits then they won't. An RC filter on the limit pins on the BOB could help to filter the noise.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

philbur,
    In Mach3, from the menu bar, select Config ->Ports and Pins, then select the Input Signals tab. You will see the screen below. Clicking on any of the green check marks will disable the limit on the corresponding axis. As an example, on my machine, the physical switches for X++, X--, and X home are NC and all connected in series. The resulting two wire connection goes to one input on my BOB. So to see if the X axis is the source of the noise, I just click on those three green checkmarks and that input on the BOB is ignored by Mach3.

Keep in mind after making changes on that Mach3 Input Signals screen, you need to restart Mach3 for it to take effect.

How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches-limitdisable-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Phil

the noise filter kit adds a "snubber" (series connected capacitor + resistor) across the coil of contactors C1 & C2 and the third across the live & neutral to the outlet for the coolant pump

unless you switch the coolant pump on and off while running a job I don't expect the filter kit to help

the picture of the control board is not detailed enough to work out how it all works but
    I can see there is two isolated power supplies
    one provides +5V & +12V for the computer side of the circuits and another +5V & +12V for the isolated I/O side

with the part numbers being un-readable I have only found 10 opto-isolators

How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches-controller-jpg

John

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John, thanks for the input.

The J2 terminal block in the top right, with the group of 4 regulators underneath, is the connection point for the limit/homing switches. It appears that the regulators are connected to the J2 block. Would the regulators serve the function of isolating any noise on the limit switches wiring from the controller.

Phil

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I electrically disconnect my Z axis limit switches-controller-hires-jpg  

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mill808, found it, great.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    I see that the Tormach installation manual for their high speed spindle doesn't even address EMI, am I missing something?
    PathPilot does "debounce" the limit switch inputs in the HAL layer (software debounce). The comment implies this is only done to improve immunity to interference from the coolant circuit but it will help with most other sources of electrical noise.
    Step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234