WTB: Tormach PCNC 1100 Washington / Oregon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Tormach PCNC 1100 Washington / Oregon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default WTB: Tormach PCNC 1100 Washington / Oregon

Looking for a Tormach PCNC 1100 Any Series In Washington, Oregon, Possibly Western Idaho Area.

Prefer the Series 3 Machine with Stand, Coolant, Auto Lube, Support Arm, Basic Tooling, Local = $8k in cash. But open to other configurations may go a bit more if it has a power draw bar will add +$700-$800.

I can go up to $8K for a nicely equipped/tooled machine.

Message Me What You Have and Location.

Here is a Photo Of the Cash!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; 10-27-2016 at 05:12 AM.
    CNC Machines: Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill W4th Axis | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit W/Tormach BOB PathPilot & SKCD200220 VFD | My Personal Blog www.stevenrhine.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WTB: Tormach PCNC 1100 Washington / Oregon

Bump... Anyone?

Last edited by Contract_Pilot; 10-31-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    CNC Machines: Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill W4th Axis | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit W/Tormach BOB PathPilot & SKCD200220 VFD | My Personal Blog www.stevenrhine.com

Downloads
    Uploads

At that price for what you want you are *very* unlikely to find a seller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zetopan View Post
    At that price for what you want you are *very* unlikely to find a seller.
    Was thinking same .
    I would not let my system go for less then 15k with all the tooling

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a 770 S3 in Atlanta area for $6500 https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/5867835660.html

I had seen them pop up every now and then in the pacific Northwest for what I am willing to pay!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that Atlanta 770, appears to be just the 770, they don't mention any tooling, or even a controller,etc, so it is $6500(plus Tosa Tool plate thingy) used vs new for $7336, so saving ~$900...
    an 1100 with the options you want is ~ $10500 (not counting tooling, better to see what you want/need and just get that...), to meet your $8K goal, that would be a discount of over $2500....
    seems unlikely... who would discount their mill that much? what is wrong with it?
    but hey, good luck
    and welcome to the family if/when you find one

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is one in the MSP Area... 3,700 Tormach Personal CNC Milling Machine to far away for my comfort level and with High rigging, palatalizing costs, in the MSP Area not worth the risk..

Downloads
    Uploads

Uggh!! Just missed an 1100 S3 "Basement Dweller" with TC option for 7k locally on Craigslist see what taking a few days off the hunt does! Always a day late is my luck. Would have been fun moving it out of a basement for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that. I ran into the same thing where I was always a day late and a dollar short. Seems like Tormach's were reselling for less back a few years ago. I ended up giving up the hunt for a Tormach and picked up a 1996 Bridgeport full on machining center with 22 tool changer, enclosure, flood, 7500 RPM, linear rails, 0.00004" step resolution, 500 IPM rapids ect for $3,500+ shipping. Runs better than I could have hoped and as a bonus I was able to wire it for 240v single phase in about 20 minutes. Still has less than 0.0001" backlash on all axis. I figure with the money I saved I can move it out of the garage and build a shed/workshop but with the enclosure removed it's not really all that big space wise(besides height) it's just heavy at 6,500lbs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is one a Series 1 Machine in the Salt Lake Area $4,500 CNC mill Tormach PCNC 1100 | ksl.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Went a looked at an 1100 today and found one locally reasonable on price agreed on a hand shake and it is decently tooled... Hand shake agreement to sell so move/build/mod thread next week when I go and drag it home! It is shoe horned in to a shop move will be be interesting. Found a 12' Drop/lift Deck rental. The only issue is it has a Pintle Hitch and brakes required. I should be able to separate in to 2, strap, tarp and move!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congratulations and welcome to the family

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Downloads
    Uploads

Deal is Complete, Made it to it's new home safely and She is Ready to Unload In the Morning.

Downloads
    Uploads

Made it Home...

Demo of Family Room to make More Shop Space. From a Facebook Post "Family Out - VMC In"

As It Sits Today... Trying to move machines to Make Space Efficient! Trying to Move Quick As I Can ... Wife Really hates the mess and the dust! She is being a trooper!

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking Good!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure is a Lot more work than expected but getting done.... Hope to have done weekend of the 17th if things go right! Would a MOD Edit Subject from WTB to Found:

So much tooling and accessories...

Here is the 4th Axis...

Just a fraction of the tooling.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That remodel is going to make a nice shop.

to lazy to chase arrows

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so the family is ok with being displaced? that is rather generous of them...

fwiw, I would move the machine away from the wall more, I wish I could move mine out away from the wall a bit, but I really don't have any room, it looks like you do...
    there have been a few times where it would of been useful to be able to easily access something from the back, not often but it does come up... and as the years go by, I am finding harder to squeeze back there... I think the available space back there is shrinking or something...

as for getting the mod to change the subject, maybe it would be better to start a new "got my new mill/shop setup" thread? *note I am not convinced it would be better, just seems like maybe it might? I donno, there are pros/cons to each I guess?

Downloads
    Uploads

My plan is to have 2' of space behind the machine but if they don't work out it is simply moved with a pallet jack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Contract_Pilot View Post
    My plan is to have 2' of space behind the machine but if they don't work out it is simply moved with a pallet jack.
    Hello from a Eastern Washington owner.
    Since you have a pallet jack it's a simpler task to move when needed. Congrats on the buy.

RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, ATC, 4th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast