Quad-1

Thread: Quad-1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quad-1

Stanley Dornfield builder of the Quad-1 went out of business. His design, in my opinion, is about the best vise ever made.

Does anyone know if the Quad-1 vise has been adopted and is being built by another shop?

Tgoy

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quad-1

Tgoy,
    I agree that the Quad-I vises "reverse" design was very clever, and I believe that Mr. Dornfield took great pride in building a high quality product. I purchased one of the last 4" Quad-I vises directly from Stanley somewhere around 2005. The 4" Quad-I is a nice size for my Light Machines Prolight 2000 CNC Mill.

Regarding other "reverse" vises, I found this thread on the topic... https://en.industryarena.com/forum/l...e--211488.html
    which in-turn references this product from Glacern https://www.glacern.com/gpv_615r

While not reverse design, and also not compact, I like the aluminum vises by Conquest Industries (Made in USA) to reduce the mass on the table

Machining Vise, Light Weight Aluminum MAG Machinist Vise, Made California

We used 3 or 4 of them in a single setup on a Haas TM-2 without breaking our backs or the bank.

Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have what used to be a 6 inch Quad-1 vise on my PCNC 1100.

I say used to be because when I got it, there was about 2 1/4 inches too much vise hanging off the back of the table so I went to a friend who has a big saw and cut that 2 1/4 inches off. Now it fits nicely.

Ok, so now it only opens 4 inches, but I no longer make parts any bigger than that anyway.

Actually, if I can't hold 6 parts in one hand, they're too big for me anyway.

I like the vise because of the fixed front jaw. That allows me to program everything in X plus Y plus direction. Unlike the typical machine vise.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Quad-1 vise and i would love to have another one.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.