Need Help! What cam program are you using for 4th axis tormach programming? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What cam program are you using for 4th axis tormach programming?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sprutcam works great with rhino 5.
    To get 4th axis in Rhinocsm you will have to spend 4x the price of sprutcam.
    Do you use Rhinocam for 4th axis work? If so, how well does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlindo View Post
    For my CAD package I use Rhino. It is incredibly powerful and superior to most high end packages if you are into design. I know of no other CAD package that has a programming language like Grasshopper that creates 3D in the CAD window. Because of Rhino I use RhinoCAM. It has some frailties like all S/W but it is a plug-in for Rhino which means I run it in the CAD package and can redesign while working on toolpath generation if something is discovered that needs changing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What cam program are you using for 4th axis tormach programming?

RhinoCAM works well for my 4th Axis needs. I have a Tormach 770 and use PathPilot. PathPilot expects G93 for 4th Axis work and MecSoft is working to get it into RhinoCAM 2016. It is not there for the introduction of 2016 but they have shared they are working on it. I use the Expert level in RhinoCAM....lowest level for 4th Axis work. I engrave ball point pens that I make on the Tormach and all works very well for me. I took the Tormach class and saw how SprutCAM works. I wasn't excited. Yes, RhinoCAM is more expensive but as a plug-in for Rhino it gives me editing capabilities I need. Plus, it works like Rhino......I don't have to learn another program.....only toolpath editing and G-Code. For me, learning too many programs is very frustrating. I move into information overload very easy so keeping it simple is best. Some folks have no issue with multiple programs...I do. I have been working on learning Grasshopper. WOW....that is a powerful program and free for Rhino owners. It also runs in Rhino and it also puts me into info overload quite quickly. Hope that helps......

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the insight.
    I love the new parametric capabilities rhino is developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlindo View Post
    RhinoCAM works well for my 4th Axis needs. I have a Tormach 770 and use PathPilot. PathPilot expects G93 for 4th Axis work and MecSoft is working to get it into RhinoCAM 2016. It is not there for the introduction of 2016 but they have shared they are working on it. I use the Expert level in RhinoCAM....lowest level for 4th Axis work. I engrave ball point pens that I make on the Tormach and all works very well for me. I took the Tormach class and saw how SprutCAM works. I wasn't excited. Yes, RhinoCAM is more expensive but as a plug-in for Rhino it gives me editing capabilities I need. Plus, it works like Rhino......I don't have to learn another program.....only toolpath editing and G-Code. For me, learning too many programs is very frustrating. I move into information overload very easy so keeping it simple is best. Some folks have no issue with multiple programs...I do. I have been working on learning Grasshopper. WOW....that is a powerful program and free for Rhino owners. It also runs in Rhino and it also puts me into info overload quite quickly. Hope that helps......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12