Tormach for Sale?

Thread: Tormach for Sale?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach for Sale?

I am probably going to order a Sharp 2412 Mini Mill soon, and will need to get rid of my Tormach. I would prefer to keep it, as it has been a great machine and could still make good use of it, but cannot have two machines for now. I am looking for interest before I post in the classifieds. The setup includes:

Tormach PNC1100 mill (with a little over 16" x 10" xy travel)
    Extra heavy fabricated wooded stand (similar to the design Tormach lists). This is a very nice stand that has worked out well.
    Dell computer already configured
    Coolant pump
    Tormach auxillary bracket.
    Custom machined 1 1/2" steel bracket to hold a Makita router (cost me $350)
    Large assortment of Tormach quick change tooling

I also have a copy of TurbocadCam and a nice Wilton 6" vise that opens up to over 7 1/2" (similar to Kurt) that could be included for the right price.

Machine has not been used hard and has mostly cut some aluminum, brass and plastics. I would replace the bellows for the buyer as they have a tendencey to get soft when exposed to coolant.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I could be ready to ship in as little as a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how much?????

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

$ and where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes give us a price and where you are please!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machine is located in Virginia Beach, VA 23453. I have not actually sat down an itemized my investment, but it is probably over 10K as of now. Not knowing what the interest in it would be in the general market, I wanted to try to get some offers first. It would probably be another week or so before I start to list it, but would love to find someone willing to take it very soon. With the end of the year approaching I would like to have the new machine in for tax purposes. I would be able to crate and can assist in loading as well. If I do not get some offers from this post, I will sit down next week and try to come up with a $ amount.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wow, i am so close to buying one but I am in Wisconsin which makes them rather close. I was kinda leaning into early next year to be sure all taxes are paid etc. when you come up with a idea what you want let me know. I will be getting rid of my Shoptask/Shopmaster cnc'd unit for this in case you know someone who wants that.
    norm@lockeyone.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello:

I would be interested in your machine, I am in RI and would be able to pick it up. Once you decide on a price please post it.

Thanks,

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the interests guys! I have been informed that I need to move this to the classifieds section, so I will try to do that this weekend. Will keep you updated.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any updates on price and availability of the mill and accessories?

Thanks,

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ended up working all weekend and am still on the same project. As soon as I have a chance to clean the machine up, organize the tooling, etc., I will take pictures and post in the classifieds.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machine has been listed, I tried to include a .zip file showing more pics but I could not post it in the ad.

Thanks

http://www.cnczone.com/classifieds/s...p?product=1225

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you still planning on buying the Sharp ?

I would be curious to know you thought processes versus buying something like the Hass TM-1P. Right now these two machines (the 2412 and the TM-1P) are on the top of my list for my next mill. Do you know how the Sharp service stacks up ? And do you know how many of these Sharp is selling ?

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks.

Matt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In my opinion the Sharp is much more of a machine than the Haas TM-1P. For the same as the base price of a TM-1P the Sharp 2412 gives you:

5,900 lbs instead of 3,750
    Box ways instead of linear
    1181 ipm instead of 400 ipm
    True VMC in lieu of a toolroom mill
    8,000 rpm spindle
    300 psi flood coolant (Haas wants $750 for standard coolant!)
    Ridgid tapping
    Fanuc control
    Manual pulse generator
    Interior light
    Exterior light tree
    No nickel and diming you for the options that should be standard.
    Etc, etc.

To be noted the Haas does have some more X-travel.

For a few thousand more (and about the same price if you added on some "basics" to the Haas) you can go to the Sharp 2412S, which gives you 10,000 rpm spindle and 16 tool changer instead of 10. You can also add a spindle chiller for $1,800 and a belt chip conveyor for around $2,500.

I was at IMTS this year and was able to scope both machines. The TM-1P is a neat machine, but if you look at the construction it is very light looking, not bad for a toolroom mill but not even a consideration for the price they are asking.

My dealer is in Baltimore and they have indicated great backing from Sharp and seem to be a reputible outfit, but I have not bought the machine or had experince with them to form an opinion.

If these are you two choices, I would without hesitation go with the Sharp.

After all of this, I may end up getting a Daewoo 3016Ld, used but extremely low hours for a little more then the Sharp. Now this machine compared to the Sharp is a whole different story.......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mwteng - I sent you a PM.