Setting up Tormach Touch Screen

Thread: Setting up Tormach Touch Screen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting up Tormach Touch Screen

I installed PathPilot and a tormach supplied touch screen. Everything is working fine except the touch screen function. The instruction for setting it up are non existent and I am wondering if I need to install a driver from the CD. There are many to chose from and I do not know which is appropriate. Also wondering if I need to calibrate it after installation?
    Thanks for any help from someone who has installed one of these.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting up Tormach Touch Screen

I see that the touch screen is responding but not to the point on the screen where I am touching it. Must be a calibration thing. Now I need to know how to calibrate . I believe I need to install the TouchKit software from the CD, but again for which operating system?

Downloads
    Uploads

You will probably need to call Tormach. You'll want a Linux insaller for PathPilot, but I don't know how you would actually install it since you won't have access to the standard Linux desktop environment (there is a bypass function to get there that Tormach can walk you through if need be).

My guess is that they will walk you through booting to the Gnome desktop, installing the calibration software, calibrating and rebooting to PathPilot =)

If you end up calling for support, please let us know what they say for others that have the same problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

There's an MDI touch-calibration command

enter ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN in the MDI box.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much. Solved my problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    Thanks very much. Solved my problem
    I was too slow earlier and didn't have access to the code, but here are the ADMIN commands available to PathPilot from the python code in case they are helpful later for anyone else:

Available ADMIN commands: DATE, TIME, KEYBOARD, NETWORK, TOUCHSCREEN, HALMETER, HALSCOPE, HALCMD

I'll start a new thread just to document these since I have seen it come up a few other times. Glad you got your touchscreen working! Even happier to hear Tormach has an ADMIN command for it =)

Downloads
    Uploads

The first few are documented in the latest Tormach manual. The HAL ones probably not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Appreciate this, these are helpful to know. I did a word search in the PCNC1100 series 3 manual and found it after the fact. I have a very early model PCNC 1100 (serial #90) with the spindle upgrade so I did not have the manual downloaded since it said the title said it was for the series 3 version. I wonder why Tormach didn't include this touchscreen command in the "quick start guide" they sent me with the PathPilot controller and the touchscreen. Incidentally , the instruction manual with the touchscreen doesn't quite match the unit. (OSD menus different, no audio port as advertised........). Funny (not so much) because in the OSD menu I did a "reset:, and suddenly everything was in Chinese and I could not figure out for almost an hour which menu line was for the "language" and the manual was absolutely no help. I had to try every one of the settings in each menu.

I do like the PathPilot so far and the touchscreen is nice now that it is working

Thanks Again.
    Pat

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the touchscreen but it does not work. I am getting a blue no signal screen. Never see if PP boots up or not. I swapped to another monitor and that works. Guess I will call Tormach Tuesday.

Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Got the touchscreen but it does not work. I am getting a blue no signal screen. Never see if PP boots up or not. I swapped to another monitor and that works. Guess I will call Tormach Tuesday.
    My touchscreen came with a remote control which have a VGA button on it, try it.

There are many input on a monitor, yours is probably not set to the adequate input.

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey001 View Post
    My touchscreen came with a remote control which have a VGA button on it, try it.

There are many input on a monitor, yours is probably not set to the adequate input.

Jeff
    Almost certainly right. My touchscreen was defaulted to another input. Tormach as a bulletin that covers the install completely. TD10383_Touch_Screen_Kit_0916. Applies to at least the 17 and 19" monoprice monitors, probably generic.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Does it work if you plug it into a normal desktop computer? i.e., is the problem with PP drivers and settings, or a non-functional monitor?

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I never was able to get that monitor to work. I was able to get another one working. So I blame the monitor. Tormach swapped it out.

Bill

Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com