Anyone Load PathPilot yet? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Anyone Load PathPilot yet?

Default Re: Anyone Load PathPilot yet?

when touching off tools with the ETS it certainly acts differently , it appears to touch off and then quickly bounce twice more touching off. Mine never did this before, is this new? It seems to be working fine but this never happened before

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes.. to me it seemed to move faster on the first touch off and then slower on the second touch off for more precision I guess.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Concepts_Design View Post
    when touching off tools with the ETS it certainly acts differently , it appears to touch off and then quickly bounce twice more touching off. Mine never did this before, is this new? It seems to be working fine but this never happened before
    Yes, this is how they designed it. It is based off of the feed rate. I believe it does a divide by 10 on the second touch. So, what ever you have in there for a feed rate, it will do it 10 times slower on the second touch for accuracy. For me, I've found 10 to work well, and then on the second touch it automatically drops to 1. NOTE: If you interrupt the process after it drops to 1 automatically (by hitting stop), you have to manually put it back to 10. It doesn't reset back to the beginning when a stop button press occurs. (Took me a while to figure out why mine started going so much more slowly while I was working with the probe.)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

good info.. I had mine drop speed when playing with the probe as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! I hooked up a path pilot controller to my Series II machine this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. VERY SMOOTH motion and responsiveness compared to Mach 3! Soft limits are awesome and the host of other features made this upgrade a beautiful thing. I'll be playing around with the scanner and probe tomorrow, but overall my first impressions are that this is a very good move. I am excited to play around with the dialog based features as well. The developers have really done a great job! Next month I'll get around to updating my 770 to path pilot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456