Cut Feeds/Speeds database - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cut Feeds/Speeds database

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cut Feeds/Speeds database

MD might be creating and saving ops in SprutCAM for specific cutters, materials, and possibly features. By features, I mean something like slotting versus profiling. With saved ops you open up a much broader capacity for quick access to a broader set of conditions than SprutCAM allows using only the feed/speed data that is saved with the cutter definition.

I notice that there is a way to specify material in SprutCAM, but the tool table doesn't seem to make use of that data. It would also be nice if the F&S data in the tool tables could be easily edited or modified.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

My free Online FSWizard calculator has what you describe.
    Go to FSWizard - Free Advanced CNC Speed and Feed Calculator and on the myCut DB select "User Database".
    Then check Diameter, tool material column.
    Then start dialing in the tool you had in mind.

MyCut DB table will filter out calculations saved by other users based on the columns you have checked.

Pay attention to the saved cuts that have speed/feed override set up as it means that user probably saved the cut the way he was actually running it.

http://hsmadvisor.com/
    Advanced Feed and Speed Calculator

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    MD might be creating and saving ops in SprutCAM for specific cutters, materials, and possibly features. By features, I mean something like slotting versus profiling. With saved ops you open up a much broader capacity for quick access to a broader set of conditions than SprutCAM allows using only the feed/speed data that is saved with the cutter definition.

I notice that there is a way to specify material in SprutCAM, but the tool table doesn't seem to make use of that data. It would also be nice if the F&S data in the tool tables could be easily edited or modified.

Mike

Oh!
    I didn't know if the csv file would be of value to anyone even current users of the most recent sprutcam ver 9!
    The software is a little flakey from version to version and I don't have much confidence in a copy from one person to another using the same program version even.
    Sprutcams materials database looks to be connected to the lathe operations and tooling and I don't see or know how it connects to mill operations at this point. I ask around but get no answers from other users.
    As for the tool database it is as mike mentioned above a part of a system of predefined and saved operations. I have a couple tool databases defined with tools up to 1/2 in shank coupled with directories of operations, fixtures and setups. I can select for example 4th axis tomb stone setup and then import part then select from a long list of preset operations to complete the part. Then all I have to do is define work zones and features compile and simulate. As I mentioned above IF I could figure out how to couple the material database to the mill tools I would have a more complete system that would change doc, woc, speeds, feeds ............ based on material or operation type.

To follow up on mikes comment above it would be nice if any part of the tool database was easy or consistent to edit. I have found you can make changes and they appear to be done only to find the operations don't use the data. In other words edits or additions have to be made a certain way or your going to have a bunch of problems and wonder why.
    sorry for confusion
    md

edit : I selected kstraus post to quote and I got mikes, lack of coffee in morning I guess
    more confusion

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Oh!
    I didn't know if the csv file would be of value to anyone even current users of the most recent sprutcam ver 9!
    The software is a little flakey from version to version and I don't have much confidence in a copy from one person to another using the same program version even.
    Sprutcams materials database looks to be connected to the lathe operations and tooling and I don't see or know how it connects to mill operations at this point. I ask around but get no answers from other users.
    As for the tool database it is as mike mentioned above a part of a system of predefined and saved operations. I have a couple tool databases defined with tools up to 1/2 in shank coupled with directories of operations, fixtures and setups. I can select for example 4th axis tomb stone setup and then import part then select from a long list of preset operations to complete the part. Then all I have to do is define work zones and features compile and simulate. As I mentioned above IF I could figure out how to couple the material database to the mill tools I would have a more complete system that would change doc, woc, speeds, feeds ............ based on material or operation type.

To follow up on mikes comment above it would be nice if any part of the tool database was easy or consistent to edit. I have found you can make changes and they appear to be done only to find the operations don't use the data. In other words edits or additions have to be made a certain way or your going to have a bunch of problems and wonder why.
    sorry for confusion
    md

edit : I selected kstraus post to quote and I got mikes, lack of coffee in morning I guess
    more confusion
    I admire how quickly you have become a Sprutcam expert. Although I have only been messing with the software since the end of December, I have already picked up a few tricks as far as "updating" the current solid model I am working on. It's tedious, but at least I don't lose all of operations, I assume my save / restore of operations is similar to what you are describing above.

If you were actually offering to make some Youtube videos with mic voiceovers on your approach to Sprutcam, I think it would be really helpful to those of us still selecting "New operation" and filling in all of the fields every time.

My apologies for derailing the thread! Back to feeds and speeds now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Turner View Post
    For the Tormach 1100:

- GWizard -> Setup tab
    - Press "Adjust" button next to the "Spindle HP" label.
    - Select "Curve Compensate" radial button.

Low Range: 0 RPM, 0 HP
    Peak Range: 3000 RPM, 1.5 HP
    High Range: 5100 RPM, 1.5 HP

De-rate the HP as you see fit.. 1.2 HP? 1 HP?

--Bryan
    GREAT ADVICE! i just followed your suggestions and did a roughing cut with a .500" HSS Endmill at .375 DOC and the numbers that G-Wizard gave ran well. I still used it in the most conservative setting, but it was cool to see that the recommended RPM was 3150, right in the max torque range. The machine did not sequel or bog down, and made some nice fat chips. Thank you for the info Bryan!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Don't let the fact that literally thousands of people with small machines use both tools with excellent results. HSMAdvisor helped me reduce machining time on many projects by 30% or more, while increasing tool life. I now run all my 6061 roughing cuts at 5000 RPM/110 IPM with a 1/2 HSS 2-flute, and the tools last forever. And all with a lowly 1.5HP/6K RPM spindle, pretty much like yours....

Regards,
    Ray L.
    what depth of cut are you using? slotting? profiling? 110 is fast for this machine. i've been using lakeshore carbides 3 flute 1/4" endmills and i love them, i normally run 5,000 rpm, 50 IPM, 0.05" DOC for slotting and profiling, it could probably go faster.

Carlos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12