Table Splash Guard

Thread: Table Splash Guard

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Table Splash Guard

With all of the enclosures out there I finally settled on a table mounted design based off of Mooser's 8020 build here. I started with measurements transferred to CAD and mocked it up with the solid model from Tormach. I built it to meet the materials that I had on hand and am still adjusting after mocking it up, and as usual after cutting and welding, there are things that I would do differently. I don't have an ATC nor do I plan on it so this should work well for me. I have some other ideas that I think would be easier and look great, similar to a drag car window frame.

Here is the mock up

Doors open

Left side clearance at limit switch

Right side limit switch is much closer

Clearance in front at limit switch

I got lucky here. This is at the y limit switch

As far as materials I bought 2 20' sticks of 1"x1" square tubing local for all of the frames. I had the 16" drawer slides from a workbench build. I had bought the polycarbonate sheet for a full enclosure but it will fit just right to fill the sides and doors. The rollers are something I had from a dismantled treadmill some years ago. I am going to run cords across the top rollers to hold the doors back and snug. I will be redirecting coolant from the gaps in the doors with some shower molding or something similar.

For the drip pan I am going to attempt to use coroplast sheet making relief cuts and forming it into a drip pan. It will mount on the bottom of the tubing and extend to the doors underneath to catch the random drips there.

I think that is it for now but would like a little feedback or suggestions before I go to full weld this weekend.