Sprut CAM or CAM Works for my Tormach - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprut CAM or CAM Works for my Tormach

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sprut CAM or CAM Works for my Tormach

Quote Originally Posted by AVRnj View Post
    Andrew, have you seen the HSM youtube videos? That is what I used to get started with HSMexpress. They are pretty good for getting started. If you have not seen them, I can find them and post a link for you.
    This is the only link I could find. I'm looking for step by step that explains the settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HSMWorks/videos

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I have some HSMWorks videos,shows how I machine a part. You would have to look through my channel, but I think they are all in my "from idea to prototype" playlist. Only issue is I was VERY new to HSMWorks then, and now would probably do it differently. Since they sponsor me I need to get some videos going, just been too busy. I had a 45min video about softjaws going from Solidworks to HSMWorks to the Tormach and then actually using them.. YEP... best video I've ever done.. I needed more room on an SD card, and grabbed the wrong one and formatted it.. LOST IT ALL!!!

Rob Lockwood has some good videos on it, and there are actually about 4 people/companies on YouTube that have good videos on it. NextGenCam is one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    I have some HSMWorks videos,shows how I machine a part. You would have to look through my channel, but I think they are all in my "from idea to prototype" playlist. Only issue is I was VERY new to HSMWorks then, and now would probably do it differently. Since they sponsor me I need to get some videos going, just been too busy. I had a 45min video about softjaws going from Solidworks to HSMWorks to the Tormach and then actually using them.. YEP... best video I've ever done.. I needed more room on an SD card, and grabbed the wrong one and formatted it.. LOST IT ALL!!!

Rob Lockwood has some good videos on it, and there are actually about 4 people/companies on YouTube that have good videos on it. NextGenCam is one.
    I'm curious - as the CAM in Fusion is presumably based on HSMWorks, does it use the same, or substantially similar, javascript POST? I run a 100% custom HSMXpress POST, and I'd hate to have to give up the capabilities I've added. I'm considering getting Fusion just to have on-hand for whenever I need 3D. So far, I haven't needed it, but there have been times I could've made good use of it.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    This is the only link I could find. I'm looking for step by step that explains the settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HSMWorks/videos
    Here are the videos I used when I started, I think they are the same:

Learn HSMWorks

It does not go through every setting, but you kind of get the idea. That said, it took me a few parts before I really got the hang of it. Once you do, it is incredibly powerful. I used machinable wax for the first few tool paths, just to get some confidence.

Those videos are very helpful for getting started. The trickist one for me was the adaptive clearing vs. the contour. I kept trying to use a contour, and could not figure out why the WOC was not working, but you really need to use the adaptive clearing, which has a setting optimal load, which specifies the WOC. I think after watching those videos, if you play around with it a bit, and ask more pointed questions, you can get the hang of it very quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, use the HSMWorks forum. The guys there know HSMWorks and HSMXpress inside and out, and it's rare that you won't get the answer you need within an hour.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, SAME post Ray. That is why I did it, as I have 3 custom posts. As you know, I'm on HSMWorks forum

Also there is an online manual that goes through almost every setting.

Contour is mostly used for a Finish pass. Adaptive is for Roughing.

Here is a link to a search on my channel. Some is milling, other is turning - https://www.youtube.com/user/Tactica...query=hsmworks

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, SAME post Ray. That is why I did it, as I have 3 custom posts.
    Apparently not 100%. My HSMXpress post does not work in Fusion. Haven't looked into why yet, but it throws a "Parameter does not exist" error.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, did you try a stock post?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, did you try a stock post?
    The problem is some of the parameters I use are not "addressed" the same in Fusion. Instead of "hsmworks:", it's now "autodeskcam". With those parameters edited, it now works. Now I have to figure out how the post can determine which app it's running under, and work correctly in either.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    The problem is some of the parameters I use are not "addressed" the same in Fusion. Instead of "hsmworks:", it's now "autodeskcam". With those parameters edited, it now works. Now I have to figure out how the post can determine which app it's running under, and work correctly in either.

Regards,

Ray L.
    I am sure you have sorted already but something like this should do the job:

if (typeof hsmworks === 'undefined') {
    hsmworks = autodeskcam;
    }

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rowbare View Post
    I am sure you have sorted already but something like this should do the job:

if (typeof hsmworks === 'undefined') {
    hsmworks = autodeskcam;
    }

bob
    Turns out, the hsmworks parameter space works in both, and is automatically mapped correctly at run-time. hsmworks can be used if there are parameters you want to work only in an HSMWorks/HSMXpress post.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12