Do you know of an effective way to patch a bellows/way cover?

Thread: Do you know of an effective way to patch a bellows/way cover?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Do you know of an effective way to patch a bellows/way cover?

I was installing a new Tormach y-axis chip guard on my newish machine and the screw driver I was using took off some material on the top ridge of one of the closest bellow.
    It will probably be ok but if there is an effective way to patch it, I would like to.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Do you know of an effective way to patch a bellows/way cover?

Actually on the ridge, fingernail polish may be something you have around that should work okay. If your kids have any Goth friends, then they probably have black. Maybe Deep Purple. There is another product that would probably do the job. It is called liquid electrical tape. It is a fairly thick black rubber sealer. I use this stuff inside my wire nuts in my old shop. High humidity out there. Works great.

Amazon.com: Gardner Bender LTB-400 4-Ounce Black Liquid Electrical Tape: Home Improvement

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the suggestion. I was just looking at some of that stuff at HD just yesterday.

I think I may try some 3M VHB tape first since it is flexible and will stick to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Actually on the ridge, fingernail polish may be something you have around that should work okay. If your kids have any Goth friends, then they probably have black. Maybe Deep Purple. There is another product that would probably do the job. It is called liquid electrical tape. It is a fairly thick black rubber sealer. I use this stuff inside my wire nuts in my old shop. High humidity out there. Works great.

Amazon.com: Gardner Bender LTB-400 4-Ounce Black Liquid Electrical Tape: Home Improvement

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd probably use some plasti-dip or flex-seal and spray it on nice and thick.

Downloads
    Uploads

My Z bellows had a small tear on one of the flats when new. I patched it using Sugru: FIX THAT THING | Sugru and it has held up well.

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Best thing to do is get some soft neoprene rubber off ebay, and cut it to fit over the bellows. I did this just after getting my machine and you can see it in most of my videos. I put it on the Z at first, but realized it's not needed, it's only needed on the Y bellow - you know, the one that fills with chips.