Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?

Thread: Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?

Hi folks!
    long time lurker here.... newborn owner of a tormach today!

I forgot that the Stand(Pump etc) was 115VAC, and I only have 230vac 1phase in my garage (europe).

I'm wondering how much Wattage the pump and all the 115VAC on the stand needs, is it like 150W or 400W?

As im working with rebuilding the garage I don't want to uncrate the machine due to the dust from all the woodcutting etc..

While posting, im still reading trough the manuals on Tormach. But so far, no luck.

Hoping anyone can help with this question!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?

I've been reading the manuals related to the coolant pump...but I can't find anything beside that it runs on 115VAC.

But since the fuse is only 5amps, and its for running the computer and the coolant pump, I don't think that the coolant pump is anything more than 200W.

A general computer with a screen today usually consumes about 300W of power, that leaves about 100-150W for the coolant pump..the rest of the amperage on the fuse is for the peak current when turning youre power supply on, for the computer.(Just theory and wishes due to the text below)

Luckily I found a 115VA transformer in my basement.

A 230/115 transformer in Norway is more costly than a new 230VAC pump itself.
    But running a 90l/min (smallest one I found locally) pump on the tormach needs a big pool for coolant, so im opting for the original one with my 115VA transformer.

Still hoping that someone can throw in some info on the original coolant pump that is included with the PCNC1100 Deluxe Machine Stand

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Agurk

The pump they ship on European purchases - at least on mine - is a dual voltage one, and you just need to change the wire positions and cross-links in the terminal box on the pump. The instructions for it are actually inside the terminal box lid. I changed my pump a little while ago so I'll take a picture for you and post it later.

Pump power is 1/10hp or a little under 100 watts. It's actually not a very strong pump with the nameplate rating at only 12L/min, and I changed mine recently for a 125w (1/8th hp) Vertex pump which more than doubles the output to 26L/min. Much, much, better.

Tormach do not recommend running more than a 125W pump through the machine control wiring as it will exceed their designed load in that particular area, so anything with more current draw than this may need an external power supply source.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,

Thanks alot for the information, if I can rewire the pump to 230vac I will do that.

As im nearly done with the garage work.. I will uncrate the stand and machine today...

I just got a price for a transformer thats capable of 500VA and its around 140$, that is with 65% reduction from the listprice.

I will post pictures aswell if it's capable of rewiring, so that other users that have the same questions can find the answers in this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pics as promised. However, the terminal box lid seems to have run away & hidden somewhere so I can't get a picture, but trust me - the wiring diagram is on the inside.
    Looking at the rating plate, the Tormach OEM pump is only 75w.

Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump2-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump3-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump1-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump4-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Neill View Post
    Pics as promised. However, the terminal box lid seems to have run away & hidden somewhere so I can't get a picture, but trust me - the wiring diagram is on the inside.
    Looking at the rating plate, the Tormach OEM pump is only 75w.

Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump2-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump3-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump1-jpg Tormach Stand PCNC1100 115vac Power Rating?-pump4-jpg
    Hi,

Thanks alot for the pictures, now I can relax and know that I can proceed as planned

I will upload a picture of the inside box lid when I start building the stand and machine.

Again, thanks for the pictures and information, much appreciated!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machine I use has one power cord to the unit and it is hooked up to 230vac single phase. I guess I do not realize why you need a transformer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dyna490k View Post
    The machine I use has one power cord to the unit and it is hooked up to 230vac single phase. I guess I do not realize why you need a transformer.
    Hi, i checked my pump today. It's motor plating says 115VAC, and 75W.

I haven't opened it yet as I have the correct accessories anyway..

2morrow I will take a picture of the inside lid, when I will install the pump

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just reading part of the manual today as I had things unplugged for a while. It says the plug under the control panel furthest from the column is for the 120v coolant pump. It also says that the pump is dual voltage if I recall and hope you can just change the wiring and have 230

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Yesterday I opened up the pump to check. It stands in the manual too that it is a dual voltage pump.

Ufortunately that wasn't the case for my pump, seems its only 115vac.

I was going to take a pic for the pump, but my battery died on the phone.
    Hopefully I will get the chance to take a picture today.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you buy the machine new from Tormach? If so, they get nothing but great reviews about customer service and I'm sure could figure out a satisfactory solution for you. Hope you can get it figured out before it comes time to make chips!