Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale

Ebay just sent me an email that someone bought the machine with the Buy Now. So...... Was it someone on here? If so, post up how it goes for you. Oh, and thanks for saving me a trip to Colorado!

Andrew

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in Iowa. My Tormach Series 3 with ATC (first bill form Tormach was just over 24k)- basically decked out with 2 vices, ETS, 800$ Tapping head, Probe - yeah everything but a 4th is for sale ONLY if I can sell my 1996 GT-27 with Fagor 8025 control. I had a guy that was going to help me run the GT-27 while I ran my other GT-27 with Fanuc controller, but that fell through so I ended up with 2 GT-27's and don't really need two right now.

12k for GT-27
    18k for Tormach

You can watch my YouTube to see just about everything it has ever done. (also watch the "OLD GT-27 playlist) Less than .01% has been "heavy" milling. It's only once seen a ferrous metal.

Which makes 30k so I can buy a Robodrill or similar that will fit in my garage.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    I'm in Iowa. My Tormach Series 3 with ATC (first bill form Tormach was just over 24k)- basically decked out with 2 vices, ETS, 800$ Tapping head, Probe - yeah everything but a 4th is for sale ONLY if I can sell my 1996 GT-27 with Fagor 8025 control. I had a guy that was going to help me run the GT-27 while I ran my other GT-27 with Fanuc controller, but that fell through so I ended up with 2 GT-27's and don't really need two right now.

12k for GT-27
    18k for Tormach

You can watch my YouTube to see just about everything it has ever done. (also watch the "OLD GT-27 playlist) Less than .01% has been "heavy" milling. It's only once seen a ferrous metal.

Your shop has some tooling!
    I noticed in your videos a 3d printer now. good stuff.
    md

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't sell your Tormach!
    Then there will be no more videos coming from you on how to use it
    I have really enjoyed watching and learning from your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post

12k for GT-27
    18k for Tormach

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys! Anything you want to see about the Tormach while I still have it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

WTF? It has the electronic tool setter... that's like 800$ isn't it? I have one, but forgot the cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

What's funny is that he has $5,000 in the title but the actual price on the unit price is $500.00

It's got to be the same guy that posted the other machine in TX.

Downloads
    Uploads

Found the original item where this guy stole the info from. Looks like someone got a hell of a deal on a series II.
    Tormach PCNC 1100 Series II CNC Milling Machine with 4th Axis Plus Accessories | eBay

Downloads
    Uploads

Saw this machine over on the classifieds side.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/classi...ries-ii-153375

Man, I wish I could find something down South. The date to purchase new is getting closer and closer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If anyone is looking still, i have a 1yr +/- year old Series 3 for sale with TTS (with a small collection of tool holders), Power Drawbar, and 5" GMT or Tormach vises available with it... Located in Western NC. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FleaBiscuit View Post
    If anyone is looking still, i have a 1yr +/- year old Series 3 for sale with TTS (with a small collection of tool holders), Power Drawbar, and 5" GMT or Tormach vises available with it... Located in Western NC. Thanks!
    Ohhhh, your killin me! I just flew out to Ft Collins Colorado and rented a Uhaul and drove 1600 miles back cross country with my new machine! What part of Western NC are you? Post some pictures up of what you have and the price. Also, if you are interested in selling any of the vises or tooling PM me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

smokediver... sorry about the timing... lol! I am located about 25 minutes south of Asheville. I have tooling and vises, but i also have another Tormach that i need to hang onto some of the stuff for... but i'll have at least one vise available if this machine sells without it (i'd like to offer it and whatever extra tooling i have to the buyer of this machine first).

Please remember that the price IS OBO... but here is a copy of the info about the machine that i've already sent to a couple different people... I'll get pics and stuff in the next day or two.

This is a PCNC1100 Series 3 machine... I am looking to get $12k obo for it as-is... nothing wrong with it at all, i use it daily for my business. But it does need some minor refreshing... Y-axis way covers (which i have and will include), some wire guides need replacing (mostly the x axis wiring), and it needs a new plastic shield on the front since the one i have is cracked. It has the power drawbar option on it, and it uses a foot-pedal for the tool change instead of the cheap/crappy finger button. It is on the 'Deluxe' machine stand, and has a new coolant pump on it. The paint is still in decent shape, but not perfect (this machine is used in a small manufacturing environment, not a home shop). It is also equipped with the Automatic Oiler option.

The computer is a genuine Tormach controller, and i have a 24" or so flat panel LCD for the screen. The keyboard is a custom-ordered 100% silicone covered/waterproof keyboard that i found overseas. Much better than a standard keyboard with the Tormach cover on it that doesn't stay in place in real-world conditions... lol! Includes a brand new (2 month old) pendant control as well.

The machine is currently powered up and in use on a daily basis running aluminum parts. It is just as accurate and runs like it did when it was brand new. I'm only selling because i have two of them right now, and i am buying a Haas (will be here in a couple of weeks), and i don't need two Tormachs in the shop once it gets here. The other Tormach machine i have is much older, but it has the 4th axis in it already, and i'm sentimental, since it was my first CNC machine.. haha!

I have a few ER collets and some endmill holders to help get you going. I also have a GMT vise, and two Tormach vises... add $200ea for whichever one/however many of them you would like to add.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After looking at what other machines with better paint jobs have sold for on eBay and around here in the past, i'm going to revise my sale price to $10,500obo in order to maybe get a faster sale...

Here are the pics of the machine, with pics/description of a couple of small problems.

Disregard the chips everywhere on the floor... chip management is a PITA with these things... haha! And i use the fly cutter a lot, and it loves to throw chips everywhere...

Here are the only two problems with the machine...

The first is not a big deal in my opinion, since i use a centered vise on it... but at one point a fixture fell after being loosened, and fell on the table making this little dent. I had totally forgotten about it until i started cleaning the machine out to take pics... for some reason in my head i thought this was on my other machine... But again, it isn't a huge dent, and could easily be filed flush, and would never impact the accuracy of a job.

The next problem is one that popped up a couple weeks ago with the machine... i'm not sure why Tormach uses these cheap flexible conduits for their wiring, but they do, and any machine that is actually used (i.e. not stored in someones garage and used once per month) will show this wear... my other machine had it as well (its a year older) and had to be replaced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
    Deleted
    You get it sold that quickly? If so, that's pretty damn impressive!

Downloads
    Uploads

The computer is a genuine Tormach controller, and i have a 24" or so flat panel LCD for the screen. The keyboard is a custom-ordered 100% silicone covered/waterproof keyboard that i found overseas. Much better than a standard keyboard with the Tormach cover on it that doesn't stay in place in real-world conditions... lol! Includes a brand new (2 month old) pendant control as well.

I also have one of those silicone keyboards, I really like it, 10 bucks to my door.

mike sr

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow... much less than mine was! lol! Where did you find that price at? I really like these keyboards, and i'd like to pick up a spare for my other machine...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    You get it sold that quickly? If so, that's pretty damn impressive!
    LOL no. I realized I can't sell my 1100 unless I go ahead and order a 770 now. I have a few parts that require the collet PDB style for MillTurn work.

I'm just putting some thought into timing. Really I can sell my 1100 now and get a 770 in a few months and should be good. Which will be a life saver for me.

I'll rub a few more brain cells together and decide.

Brian
    WOT Designs

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FleaBiscuit View Post
    Wow... much less than mine was! lol! Where did you find that price at? I really like these keyboards, and i'd like to pick up a spare for my other machine...
    This is the ebay page where they are located, I like them because the stay put better and are coolant proof, super thin etc
    Some are less than 10 bucks delivered. The connector is on the right side on mine, I dont think that makes a difference though.

flexible keyboard | eBay

Sometimes links dont work when posted on the forum, if it doesnt, type flexible keyboard in the search on ebay and it will bring up the page.......

mike sr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast