M00 in Tormach Mach 3

Thread: M00 in Tormach Mach 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default M00 in Tormach Mach 3

All,

When I was playing around with the collet rack I posted about earlier, I discovered that when programming M00 (or M01) using the Tormach provided version of Mach 3, that although the axes stopped the spindle did not.

I exspected, from my reading of the Tormach manual and the Peter Smid programming book, that it would stop. I called Tormach, but the folks I talked to were unsure if that was a function of the controller or something configured in Mach 3.

My question is, does the full up round version of Mach 3 act the same way by default, and is it configuable?

Thanks
    Terry

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

M0 (zero) does not turn the spindle off on my machine either. You might try an M6 command because the spindle has to be stopped for you to change tools.

When I use multiple tools I always use a M5 and a M9 to turn off the spindle and the coolant.

My program will read something like:

Z1.0 to pull the cutter away from the part, then M9 (coolant off), M5 (spindle off), M998 (move to tool change position, T? (tool number) M6 (tool change).

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve, That's exactly what I did, used M 5, in this case I needed to move some clamps, it just surprised me that the M00 didn't work for the spindle.

Terry