Cheap TTS style collet chucks - Page 4

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap TTS style collet chucks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Offering from YuSing

Indeed, the new listing specifies the 1.5" flange, 10 for $100, BUT the shipping cost is UP significantly. First set was offered for about $150, all up. Now looks like $165 or so. I think games with shipping cost are becoming common on e-bay.

I was surprised to see that the seller has a 100% satisfaction rating on e-bay.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to mention that Chen informed today that he will be sending out replacements to me on Monday. I'll update when I get them. I've been pleased with him so far. The communication has been very slow (1 email a week?), but he seems willing to honor the listing's pictures of the tools, and I have been in no real hurry to use these..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fretsman View Post
    Just wanted to mention that I see Chen has put up the newest version of these with the 1.5" diameter flange.

Also wanted to ask why those of you who did not receive what you were after, did not use the ebay/Paypal protection? I'm guessing because of how much it would cost to ship back to the seller (with tracking of course)?

Dave
    Dave,

Your closing paragraph is the reason for me...... Sorta, what's the point, you would spend another $60+, an hour packing and running someplace to wait in line to ship. You take a chance and sometimes you don't win, that's life!

Robert

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    Dave,

Your closing paragraph is the reason for me...... Sorta, what's the point, you would spend another $60+, an hour packing and running someplace to wait in line to ship. You take a chance and sometimes you don't win, that's life!

Robert
    That's kind of what I figured, Robert, thanks for chiming in-

Dave

Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

I have no affiliation with the supplier what so ever but...
    The problem for some of us is that they changed the design. However, the design details that are important to us aren't specified anywhere! The diameter of the flange isn't specified and there is no mention of the flange having a recess at all. We placed our orders based on the reports of others (which were made in very good faith) and simply took the risk. Those of us who received toolholders that aren't TTS compatible (like mine) should have verified this data with the supplier first.
    In my opinion the holders fully comply with the sellers data and are also very nicely made. I therefore feel that I have absolutely no grounds for complaint. That's the reason that I will not be returning them.
    I should be more careful next time.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry guys, I haven't said anything before, but you get EXACTLY what you pay for.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Sorry guys, I haven't said anything before, but you get EXACTLY what you pay for.
    Steve, I got 10 of them for $13 each, I reckon it was money well spent. The critical dimensions are fine, they fit in the collet, they're the same diameter on the shoulder as the TTS ones and have the recess to clear the collet. Better still they have worked fine for every job I've used them for so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a little confused here..... People are confused because these are not 100% identical to the TTS collet chucks, even though the seller makes no claim that they are? I ordered two sets, and, except for the ATC groove, the ones I received are close enough to the TTS chucks that the differences are not worth talking about. But even if they were NOT the same, I would certainly not be complaining - they ARE exactly as described in the ad, and at a total cost of ~$150 for 10, they are a terrific deal. Some people seem to expect to get a Rolex for the price of a Timex.....

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just read the last few pages about dissatisfied purchasers who bought tool holders that weren't advertised as being the same as TTS holders, that didn't have the shoulder diameter listed in the ad, and only stated that they were straight shank holders. Well it sounds to me like you guys got what the ad specified and if the shoulder diameter was important to you that you should have verified it before purchasing. Why is that the vendor's fault?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    Just read the last few pages about dissatisfied purchasers who bought tool holders that weren't advertised as being the same as TTS holders, that didn't have the shoulder diameter listed in the ad, and only stated that they were straight shank holders. Well it sounds to me like you guys got what the ad specified and if the shoulder diameter was important to you that you should have verified it before purchasing. Why is that the vendor's fault?
    The problem is not so much that the size was wrong, it is that the size changed mid stream. If the flange had been the wrong size (or random sizes) from the get go, no one would have bought them after the first person got his order. But first orders shipped had the right dimension so that set an expectation, an implicit specification as it were.

In any case the vendor quickly took action once he was aware that the flange diameter is significant. I will see for myself soon enough.

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I would argue that the flange diameter was "assumed" by the purchasers, and not "implied" by the vendor. There is a big difference in those two and the vendor still did not state in his ad what the flange diameter was or wasn't. Therefore, the negativeness toward the vendor by some of the posts here (not naming anyone in particular) is unwarranted in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    I would argue that the flange diameter was "assumed" by the purchasers, and not "implied" by the vendor. There is a big difference in those two and the vendor still did not state in his ad what the flange diameter was or wasn't. Therefore, the negativeness toward the vendor by some of the posts here (not naming anyone in particular) is unwarranted in my opinion.
    You're absolutely right. I started the thread because I was happy with what I got, particularly for the price and thought some others could benefit from that experience. An easy solution is to pay $55 each for the TTS ones and they're guaranteed all to be to the same spec. I got 10 tool holders for the price of one or two TTS one delivered to Australia and they do the job very well. I was making my own holders for odd jobs but these are almost cheaper than buying the material to make one.

Saying that, I'm also very impressed with Tormach as a company. The price they are charging isn't over the top as far as tooling goes and if I had a tool changer I'd buy theirs. I'm still very keen on one of their little lathes when they are finally finished. I reckon it would make an awesome little gunsmithing lathe.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It wasn't in the item description, but if you consider the photo a part of the item description (which I do), then what was shipped isn't what was listed. The photo shows the 1.5" model, and that's what should have been shipped.

As mentioned, it seems that one of the sellers customers requested the smaller flange, and he didn't know that the flange diameter was critical for our uses.

Regardless, Chen (the seller) was fantastic dealing with the problem, and went way above and beyond to solve the issue. He ended up shipping replacements to me for no charge. He shipped them out on Monday and I just received them this morning, which is faster than I get some domestic shipments (the initial order was just about as fast).

If anyone is on the fence, I would go for it now that the seller knows that the flange is critical and has the listing noting that measurement. The holders are beautifully finished and come really well packaged. Each holder is in a nice plastic clamshell with a plastic bag around the holder, with a nice light oil that was much easier to clean off that what came on my Tormach TTS tools.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On Aug 10th, I received the smaller diameter flange tool holders and explained the problem to Chen along with drawing and photographs of why I needed the flange diameter to be larger. We emailed back and forth a few times and Chen was very understanding.

On Aug 14th, he said he was having larger size tool holders made and he would get them the Aug 25th, and then send them on to me.

Chen shipped them on Aug 26th and they arrived today.

I am extremely pleased with Chen. He stood behind his product, which is excellent IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does someone have the current Ebay listing link for the USA?

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleoh9 View Post
    Does someone have the current Ebay listing link for the USA?

Jim
    Here ya go:

New 10pcs C3/4 ER20A 1.38" Collet Chuck Straight Collet Chuck CNC Milling Lathe | eBay

Dave

Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave!

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, just wanted to update you all on these as I placed an order with them as soon as Chen re-listed these with the correct size flanges. A few pics are included but I wanted to warn you all on something (in case you didn't know, like I didn't).

onlineseller68 ( the seller I purchased the ER20 collets) and bsello168 (the seller of the ER 20 collet holders) are the same company. I noticed my tracking number was exactly the same for both ebay purchases so I emailed Chen and asked him about this, and told him that if they are the same company, I would at least like the refund for the shipping of the ER20 collets since they're being shipped in the same box. He said yes, they are indeed the same so he would refund my shipping costs immediately for ER20's.

All in all, I'm very happy with the communication from Chen, and of course the holders and collets as well.

Some basic measurements for you also:

-Inside recess diameter: 1.300"

-Flange OD: 1.512"

-Flange Thickness: .383"

-3/4 shank 1.400" in length

-Overall length is 2.940"

Thanks,
    Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cheap TTS style collet chucks-tts_er20-1-jpg   Cheap TTS style collet chucks-tts_er20-2-jpg   Cheap TTS style collet chucks-tts_er20-3-jpg   Cheap TTS style collet chucks-tts_er20-4-jpg  

Cheap TTS style collet chucks-tts_er20-5-jpg  
    Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

can anyone share bsello's email addy? just placed my order but its only letting me v bid on the collets. I would prefer to just buy them and combine shipping

Downloads
    Uploads

In light of the recent Samsung V. Apple, I just want to remind people that Tormach DOES have a design patent on these TTS holders.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast