Alternative to PCNC 1100 with ATC

Thread: Alternative to PCNC 1100 with ATC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alternative to PCNC 1100 with ATC

Hi there,

Our small business is looking for CNC milling machine to perform prototyping + some small manufacturing general form Al but occasionally there can be some steal work. OK I was looking and analyzing all forums googled for some 4 weeks now. My first look was on Haas TM-1 (by the way we can buy only new machine) we talked to our local representative they purposed us the price of 23500 EUR without tool changer no tooling of course just "naked" machine and this price is just over our limit that we can afford. So it was my escape plan if I could not find any other real alternative. In the beginning it appeared that this is it no other machine in similar size could compete. But then I noticed that Tormach (smaller ir size) released ATC and PCNC 1100 just fits our needs with all the whistles ATC, duality lathe + 4th axis and a tooling from there deluxe package + shipping + duties is less than TM-1 and you can start working. So my main question is there any real alternative to PCNC 1100 with ATC? Or quit searching and go for it?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I too have searched for the same answer your looking for and oddly enough I came to the same conclusion you have. I am not the type of person who wants to build or add features to my machine, I want it turn key ready to make parts (other than basic setup of coruse) with all of the features I'm looking for. Your choices are Haas tm-1 (with expensive tooling and upgrades as you know) or the tormach with lots of bells and whistles for the $.

The bottom line is you have to be honest with yourself about what you require in a machine. It's easy to add all the bells and whistles you'd like to have and might need one day ($$$) but what do you really require right now and can the machine be upgraded in the future to meet your growing needs?

I think from the info in this forum the tormach has been proven to be a great machine for it's intended purpose. I myself am in the market for a cnc machine in the very near future and I think the tormach just might fit the bill.

I think there are other great machine out there but they will require more of your own time to build and setup some features that the tormach has. I'm an idiot when it come to electronics so I'll let someone else build what I need and just buy it. I want to machine parts not build machines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mikini and Syil have machines that are supposed to be available with ATC and servo and even larger than the 1100. But it may cost you around $20000 and that is if this is available right now. I would also be worried that the machine may not be reliable as not only they are newer but I am not sure they are as serious as Tormach with customer support, especially Syil reseller in the US.
    Here is the Mikini (contact them for the ATC and servo as they dont advertise it on the website but they mentioned it on the cnc zone):
    Mikini 1610L CNC machining center
    and the syil:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/produc..._center-2.html

Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And I forgot mini CNC milling machine, mini CNC, CNC milling machine direct from
    But I think we are getting into shady territory now. It is most likely where syil get their bigger machines. Unless they just copy the design.