Issue with referencing the 770

Thread: Issue with referencing the 770

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue with referencing the 770

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. In the machine manual it says that after referencing, the toolpath screen of mach 3 should show the limits of the machine. Mine does not, any idea why? Is there an option somewhere to check to make that happen?

Christian

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by concombrefrais View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. In the machine manual it says that after referencing, the toolpath screen of mach 3 should show the limits of the machine. Mine does not, any idea why? Is there an option somewhere to check to make that happen?

Christian
    Under the toolpath screen click the button to regerate toolpath. I always load my G-code, reference machine, then regenerate toolpath to get it all setup the way it should be.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Magnum for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I see the tool path but no limit. Can anyone tell me what I am suppose to see after referencing? I mean how are the limits drawn in the toolpath window?
    C.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought the limits of the machine was the grayed out area? If I can I will try and get a screenshot tonight. But around all of my parts is a slightly darker area, which I assumed was the machine limits.

edit:.. Or perhaps that is the part extents... Can tell tonight for sure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I looked at it again today and I think the soft limits are improperly set up. More specifically, I think they are set up for the 1100. After homing mine, I can click on "display mode" and I do get a rectangle that seems to reproduce the table but it is bigger than it should, meaning I hit the limit on one side of each x and y axis too early. Now the question is how do we change these soft limits on the Tormach version of Mach 3. Anyone knows?
    C.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by concombrefrais View Post
    Ok, I looked at it again today and I think the soft limits are improperly set up. More specifically, I think they are set up for the 1100. After homing mine, I can click on "display mode" and I do get a rectangle that seems to reproduce the table but it is bigger than it should, meaning I hit the limit on one side of each x and y axis too early. Now the question is how do we change these soft limits on the Tormach version of Mach 3. Anyone knows?
    C.
    Hmmm.... I would call Tormach and ask. Perhaps you have the wrong setup file loaded.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I contacted Tormach tonight and they replied immediately. And apparently my guess was correct, they forgot to update the soft limits when adapting the 1100 version of mach 3 to the one for the 770. They will release an updated version with this issue corrected in a few months. They also told me that if I could not wait, I could send them my configuration file and they would update it for me. This is not a big deal for me so I'll just wait but good to know.

Christian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to know.....