Build Thread Twin Nozzle setup in 5 minutes

Thread: Twin Nozzle setup in 5 minutes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Twin Nozzle setup in 5 minutes

Here is my twist on adding quality twin nozzles quick and easy.

Supply list all from McMaster-Carr

2x 1/8" Couplers part# 4429K119 = $8.66
    3x Nylon loop clamps part# 8876T19 = $6.37 (pak of 100)
    3x M6 screws part# 95836A680 = $5.61 (pack of 10)
    1x 1/2" to 1/8" Reducer part# 4429K421 = $1.88
    1x 3" long 1/8" nipple part# 4568K115 = $1.66
    1x 1/8" 90 deg elbow part# 4429K169 = $4.90
    3x 2" long 1/8" nipple part# 4568K113 = $4.05
    1x 1/8" Tee part# 4429K259 = $5.75
    2x 13" LOC-LINE kits part# 10095K11 = $17.02
    1x LOC-LINE valve kit (2 pack) part# 10095K52 = $10.69

Total price = $66.59

The only parts you need to modify are the holes in the nylon clamps as they are too small for the M6 screws. I did this easily with a step drill bit.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice, Tim. I like your use of the rear screw hole to stabilize the manifold.

The one thing I would have done differently (and eventually did as my own installation evolved) would be to use brass ball valves instead of the pop-bead valves, which in my experience had enough friction to disturb the nozzle position when tweaking the flow. The brass valves, being in the rigid part of the assembly, don't have that problem.

Randy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is true, adjusting them can move the rest of the assembly. You could use longer nipples and stick valves on the ends instead of the double females.

It worked out perfectly that the assembly bolted right into place and it is very secure.

I finally filled my machine today and tested it. So far no leaks that I can see and besides the fact that liquid can drip off my doors when open it all worked pretty darn good. I am going to get some weatherstrips for the bottom though as that track will fill up with chips and coolant which I figured it would.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Simple and looks good, do you have a high pressure pump on that rig or is it the same old? Do you notice a difference with the additional nozzle if you have the same regular lower pressure pump? I run into problems when profiling with chips and have spray mister on all my cnc's but really don't like using them and would rather stick to the pumped coolant. I also like using air along with the pumped coolant, but at times it makes a mess.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the pump that comes with the deluxe stand but I never used coolant with the stock setup so dont know the answer to that one. With both valves open it is basically cutting the flow in half. I have only tried it with one valve open so far and it had quite a bit of preasure as far as I could tell.

Downloads
    Uploads

I reported some flow measurements with a twin-nozzle setup using the stock Tormach pump in this post.

Randy

Last edited by zephyr9900; 01-15-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added words in italics

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by compunerdy View Post
    You could use longer nipples and stick valves on the ends instead of the double females..
    That's exactly how I'd do it, Tim. I soldered up my assembly because I use Boelube, and I found over a couple of years that it weeps past Teflon joint tape. If I ever need a redo of my manifold, I'm going your way! It is simple and elegant.

Randy

Downloads
    Uploads

compunerdy,

Thank you for doing the legwork and supplying the part #'s for your setup. I just duplicated the setup and it works perfect. The only change I made was skipping the couplers and using 2 #4122T52 1/8" female brass ball valves instead. I didn't want the lines to move when adjusting the pressure.

Thanks again!

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks.. I would switch the valves if I was to do it again as well. They work ok as is, just got to hold them while you adjust them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just implemented this after the cheap original nozzle cracked on me. Thanks to the original poster for providing such an easy to follow guide. Here are a couple tips that might save the next guy a couple minutes:

• The part number for the brass ball valve is 4112T52, there was a typo on the posting above
    • Buy the 1/4" assembly pliers for the Loc-Line parts (item 10095K41 - $11.27) Well worth avoiding the aggrevation of putting that stuff together by hand
    • Use the 1/4" nozzle tips for the Loc-Line. I started with the 1/8" tips and I could probably shoot the coolant halfway across the garage. I'll keep them handy in case I'm milling a deep pocket and I want to try to force the chips out

Thanks again!
    Kent