Another new PCNC770

Thread: Another new PCNC770

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another new PCNC770

Hi fellas,
    I ordered a PCNC770 on Monday, accessories are here already, CNC operators TTS tool set, performance controller, lifting bar, SprutCam as well as a couple of other tools. Machine will be here this Tues.
    Got a few days to study SprutCam, get TTS cleaned organized and hopefully start making chips ASAP.
    Want to say thanks for the advice I have received so far from you guys as well as the wealth of knowledge available here.
    Gerry

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Sweetland View Post
    Hi fellas,
    I ordered a PCNC770 on Monday, accessories are here already, CNC operators TTS tool set, performance controller, lifting bar, SprutCam as well as a couple of other tools. Machine will be here this Tues.
    Got a few days to study SprutCam, get TTS cleaned organized and hopefully start making chips ASAP.
    Want to say thanks for the advice I have received so far from you guys as well as the wealth of knowledge available here.
    Gerry
    Congrats!

What did you end up doing for a stand and vise?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats as well. Will be a nice machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbrija View Post
    Congrats!

What did you end up doing for a stand and vise?
    Thanks fellas!

I ended up sacrificing the stand for SprutCam. I am going to add some 11 gauge steel sheet to the top of my stand and some better neoprene mounts for the feet.
    Not sure if I will ever get into running coolant but if I do I will invest in the stand from Tormach.

I am still hemming and hawing over vices. My list now consists of the Kurt 4" Anglock, Glacern GS-440 Standard and now the Grizzly SB1248 4" Lockdown Milling Vise and T10063 4" High Precision Milling Vise. I have my Little Machine Shop vice that I can use for now but I want to decide on one of the above by the end of the month I think. I am going to post a new thread on the Grizzly South Bend vice vs the others.
    Gerry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the vise I use with my 770:

5" TOOLMAKER GRINDING SCREWLESS VISE .0002 HARDENED NEW | eBay

Very precise and great clamping force (people sometimes says these vise are not good for milling, this is a not true, at least not with a small machine). It opens 6 inches also, which is great. The only downfall is that it is not as easy to move the jaws. But you get use to it and it is a great value for the price, you can even buy a couple and still save money!

I ended up sacrificing the stand for SprutCam. I am going to add some 11 gauge steel sheet to the top of my stand and some better neoprene mounts for the feet.
    Not sure if I will ever get into running coolant but if I do I will invest in the stand from Tormach.

I am still hemming and hawing over vices. My list now consists of the Kurt 4" Anglock, Glacern GS-440 Standard and now the Grizzly SB1248 4" Lockdown Milling Vise and T10063 4" High Precision Milling Vise. I have my Little Machine Shop vice that I can use for now but I want to decide on one of the above by the end of the month I think. I am going to post a new thread on the Grizzly South Bend vice vs the others.
    Gerry[/QUOTE]