PP 2.0 Bug - ATC crash potential when removing tool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PP 2.0 Bug - ATC crash potential when removing tool

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PP 2.0 Bug - ATC crash potential when removing tool

Just a heads up. I've experienced a few instances when using the remove tool function from the ATC screen, where PathPilot will proceed to remove the tool even though a tool is indicated to be in the spindle. I've been fortunate each time in that I've physically removed the previous tool before this occurs. After the ATC cycles and the new tool is in the spindle, the prompt to remove the previous tool will pop on the screen, and about 50% of the time the controller has crashed afterwards (shut down).

This only seems to occur within the first 30-40 minutes after boot up in the morning. I'll try to capture screen shots or video if I can.

Be sure to make sure your spindle is empty before entering a tool to Remove from the ATC screen.

WW

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PP 2.0 Bug - ATC crash potential when removing tool

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    Just a heads up. I've experienced a few instances when using the remove tool function from the ATC screen...
    Did you report the bug at Tormach's online software center?

https://www.tormach.com/pathpilot-bugreport.html

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ouch. Glad you found that one without crashing. Anyone know if after installing 2.0 via USB the subsequent versions will be available to download as usual?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Did you report the bug at Tormach's online software center?

https://www.tormach.com/pathpilot-bugreport.html
    I have.

Given the holiday season I figured best to share here (and a few other spots around the web) to hopefully save others from any potential grief.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JB View Post
    Anyone know if after installing 2.0 via USB the subsequent versions will be available to download as usual?
    Yes, Tormach has said that future updates will be available online. This physical install was a one-time thing because they were upgrading to a new version of Linux.

PP2.0 also reportedly has the capability to upgrade itself if the computer has a internet connection.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Yes, Tormach has said that future updates will be available online. This physical install was a one-time thing because they were upgrading to a new version of Linux.

PP2.0 also reportedly has the capability to upgrade itself if the computer has a internet connection.
    Technically, it just alerts you that an update is available. You still need to act for the upgrade to occur.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

A brief update (but no resolution yet).

I've shared the log files with Tormach as of yesterday. Haven't heard anything yet. The issue is actually there whether using the remove tool function within the ATC screen, or simply hitting cycle start when (in my case, T11 my Haimer) is indicated to be in the spindle. I've performed a clean install on an SSD - which rocks by the way - and the issue remains.

It ONLY occurs through the first cycle of such activity after booting the machine. Meaning, if I have the offset setup from the day before, and have no need to use a tool that isn't in the ATC, the machine performs as expected.

I'll keep this thread up to date as I learn more.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

There is an update out, 2.0.1, that makes no mention of this. I just received my 2.0 USB. Should I upgrade, or stick with 1.9.13 for awhile?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shassel View Post
    There is an update out, 2.0.1, that makes no mention of this. I just received my 2.0 USB. Should I upgrade, or stick with 1.9.13 for awhile?
    To my knowledge, I'm the only one experiencing this bug at this point. I've given Tormach support all they asked for as of last week or early this week (forget at the moment) and have yet to hear back at all.

I added the 2.0.1 update yesterday. Will pay attention to see if the ATC and screen prompt mis-timing continues.

Whether you should wait or not is up to you. If you're in the habit of clearing the spindle before asking for new tools from the ATC you should be fine. I'm good at that 99% of the time. The old brain sometimes forgets the other 99% (not good at the maths either, haha).

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    To my knowledge, I'm the only one experiencing this bug at this point. I've given Tormach support all they asked for as of last week or early this week (forget at the moment) and have yet to hear back at all.

I added the 2.0.1 update yesterday. Will pay attention to see if the ATC and screen prompt mis-timing continues.

Whether you should wait or not is up to you. If you're in the habit of clearing the spindle before asking for new tools from the ATC you should be fine. I'm good at that 99% of the time. The old brain sometimes forgets the other 99% (not good at the maths either, haha).

WW
    Just a shot in the dark, is it possible to repeat this problem of you use any other offset besides g54 in your program!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Just a shot in the dark, is it possible to repeat this problem of you use any other offset besides g54 in your program!
    Initially I assumed the issue was tied to G59 (because that's where my startup program runs from, then finishes with a G54 command so I don't inadvertently reset G59). However, it occurs regardless of work offset selected from what I can tell.

I just checked and last communication with Tomach was on the 4th - so have sent a follow up email to see if they discovered anything from the logs I sent.
    WW

Downloads
    Uploads

An update - the issue persists. It even occurs mid-day at times. Wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Working with Tormach (have sent them log files, etc.) they've been able to recreate it.

Unfortunately, cost me a Haimer tip last night (son was helping, didn't know about the issue as well as I do/I hadn't explained it well enough and he hadn't removed the Haimer before hitting cycle start - machine proceeded to grab first tool from ATC crashing the Haimer into the SuperFly, broken tip...but all else survived it seems).

Wish I had video...anyway...will keep you all updated.

WW

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wildwhl have you received any feedback from Tormach on this? I am having the same issue as you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peebrain View Post
    wildwhl have you received any feedback from Tormach on this? I am having the same issue as you.
    Tormach has been responsive, and in fact just yesterday afternoon gave me some things to try. I hope to be able to give that a go today, and report back to them if the patch is successful.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

Brief update - I have a patch (beta) from Tormach and running for past 3 days, issue appears to be resolved.

WW

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the patch still working for you? I don't see a update for this on the Tormach site

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peebrain View Post
    Is the patch still working for you? I don't see a update for this on the Tormach site
    Yes, the beta patch has cured the issue 100%. Im sure Tormach will make it a public release shortly.

WW

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope they speed up this release because my operator just experienced the same issue!

Downloads
    Uploads

Has this been fixed yet?
    I’m waiting to upgrade when they have fixed this bug.
    Thanks

QUOTE=sidetrak06;2152502]I hope they speed up this release because my operator just experienced the same issue![/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Has this been fixed yet?
    I’m waiting to upgrade when they have fixed this bug.
    Thanks

QUOTE=sidetrak06;2152502]I hope they speed up this release because my operator just experienced the same issue!
    [/QUOTE]

On the Beta releases, it has. Wait a few days...my understanding is that it is about to go public. Working flawlessly for me at the moment.

WW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast