DROPBOX warning

Thread: DROPBOX warning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DROPBOX warning

DROPBOX warning.

Dropbox is back in PP2 - however, it's implementation is dangerous. It syncs your entire Dropbox account by default. To exclude folders, you must type each one in by name - not practical if you have hundreds of folders as I do. OK, it says you can delete the folder from the Controller to stop further syncing - BUT what they don't tell you is that by doing that you delete the folder from your master Dropbox account too. So it won't sync because the folder no longer exists, anywhere.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DROPBOX warning

If you enter a folder name to exclude, it doesn't delete it from the master account, does it?

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

If you exclude the folder BEFORE syncing, it will be fine. If you follow Tormach's directions to exclude the folder AFTER it syncs, yes - it will delete it from the master dropbox account.

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried excluding a folder, and it didn't do anything. It didn't exclude it. It didn't delete it. The Tormach's Dropbox implementation is a crap. I'm gonna uninstall Dropbox try loading it normally from the linux GUI. I did this before on PP 1.9x and it worked fine.

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to exclude the folders and it only deleted it on the controller. If I deleted a folder on the controller, it deleted it everywhere.

In the end what I did was created a new dropbox account, added a folder in there for my code and then shared that main folder with my normal dropbox account. I'll never use up the free space and I dont have to worry about any issues with any other files.

Now it works just like i've wanted.. I am able to organize everything and update any code and not have to have the controller on. It seems to update the dropbox on the controller pretty quick. Perfect for me!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joshetect View Post
    I was able to exclude the folders and it only deleted it on the controller. If I deleted a folder on the controller, it deleted it everywhere.

In the end what I did was created a new dropbox account, added a folder in there for my code and then shared that main folder with my normal dropbox account. I'll never use up the free space and I dont have to worry about any issues with any other files.

Now it works just like i've wanted.. I am able to organize everything and update any code and not have to have the controller on. It seems to update the dropbox on the controller pretty quick. Perfect for me!
    That's how it's supposed to work. I'd be pretty surprised if excluding a folder deleted it on your master account. When I tried to exclude a folder, nothing happened.

That's a great idea about making a new account and sharing the folder.