PathPilot wont load

Thread: PathPilot wont load

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot wont load

Purchased Path Pilot controller for my PCNC1100 Ser 2. It came today. Installed controller. Powered on and it asks for password and lgin. Used operator, operator. Goes to command prompt.
    Went into BIOS changed boot seq to cd 1st. It goes to acknowledge screen. When I enter YES to says target not found.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot wont load

Same problem on my new Slant Pro lathe that I got yesterday. Kind of sucks! Did you find anything out on your end yet?

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Got it to work. Had to move the Mesa card to the other slot...... But hey - it's working. I'll see what Tormach has to say in the morning and report back.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem with my 1100 series 3. I have to make sure I unplug the USB cord from the ATC to the controller before firing it back up or I get the password option EVERYTIME!.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tormach Tech support has been the greatest!
    At this point , when powering up I need to cycle the controler power to get it to boot properly. Tormach is sending an update to try. I'll let you know the results.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lkqatv View Post
    Tormach Tech support has been the greatest!
    At this point , when powering up I need to cycle the controler power to get it to boot properly. Tormach is sending an update to try. I'll let you know the results.
    What version of PP? And, can you clarify your start up procedure? I think you are saying that you power up the controller, it hangs, and then you turn off the controller/turn it on again before you power on the machine itself. Correct?

My 1100-2, with series 3 controller/steppers and a Tormach PP controller, will once in a while hang during boot. Rare, not related to anything obvious, and a power cycle has so far solved it every time. I've written this off to the perversity of silicon, but perhaps there's a timing problem with something like the mesa card that happens once in a while.

PathPilot 2.0 should eliminate the rare hang during boot on the Tormach drill bit logo, but that isn't what the OP was describing from what I can tell.

2.0 also resolves an issue where PathPilot 1.9.x on the very newest controller motherboards boots up to a text login screen when many USB devices are plugged in. Temp workaround for that until you get 2.x is to unplug several USB devices, boot, then plug them back in. Root issue here is the older Linux kernel in PathPilot 1.9.x has issues with the latest USB firmware; newer underlying Linux kernel of PathPilot 2.x behaves correctly.

2.x should be available this week or next from what I hear.