Single G55 post with Fusion

Thread: Single G55 post with Fusion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Single G55 post with Fusion

Hey everyone. I've done this many times, but all of a sudden I can't post to a single G55 WCS. I wasn't sure if this was something wrong with the PP post processor, or something with Fusion so I thought I would start here first.

I'm running the latest post from Autodesk found here:

Autodesk CAM | Post Library

And this is the problem I get. No matter what I use...0,1,2,3, etc., it posts a G54. Anyone else getting these results? I know I can change it (and I have) after it posts, but I'd like to figure out why it's not working:

Single G55 post with Fusion-g54-jpg

*EDIT*

I believe it's the Tormach post. If I post this to my Milltronics, it posts the proper G55.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Single G55 post with Fusion

Try looking lower on your post for G55. I just did a test, selecting work coordinate 2 (G55). In the setup line (N10 below) it outputs G54, Then a few lines down (N24) you can see G55. I would expect it to output G55 in the setup line too, but it should run okay.

(T15 D=0.5 CR=0. - ZMIN=-1.5 - flat end mill)
    N10 G90 G54 G64 G50 G17 G40 G80 G94 G91.1 G49
    N12 G20 (Inch)
    N14 G30

(Finish Pockets)
    N18 G30
    N20 T15 G43 H15 M6
    N22 S16000 M3 M9
    N24 G55
    N26 G0 X15.0825 Y12.065

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Single G55 post with Fusion

Thanks for the reply Scott.

Actually, once my spindle started towards my G54 vise, I just assumed I hadn't set my WCS properly so I changed it at the machine and ran it again. When I went upstairs afterwards to change it in CAM is when I noticed it was throwing a G54 no matter what I put into Fusion. I'll look again when I get home tonight and dig into it deeper...it's just a bit unsettling when it heads off in the wrong direction at the start of the program.