Welp, I just found 2 quirks with Pathpilot, that I don't like.

Thread: Welp, I just found 2 quirks with Pathpilot, that I don't like.

Default Welp, I just found 2 quirks with Pathpilot, that I don't like.

I was doing some Engraving today, and I discovered two quirks in Pathpilot that I don't like.
    #1 = Pathpilot does not recognize G51 Scaling. BOOOOO!!! I have a program written to mill a 1/2" Logo. I wanted it a little bigger, so I added G51 X1.5 Y1.5 (scale to 1-1/2 times).
    WRONG!! Alarm!! Pathpilot does not recognize G51. Well, that sucks.
    #2 = When cutting and pasting parts of programs in the on-screen FILE Editor, (In this case 2 programs to make one long one), Pathpilot throws up some quirky symbols throughout the program ( % and # ) ?
    Also it pastes stuff where I didn't want it. YIKES!!! This is the second time I've come across this. When I ran that Aluminum Skull project a month ago, the editing threw up some weird symbols and quirks then too.
    Strange.
    I hope they make an update for the G51 command. It comes in real handy for Logos and engraving.
    And maybe they'll look into the editing gremlins.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Welp, I just found 2 quirks with Pathpilot, that I don't like.

What version of PathPilot?

Please expand on how you are "editing in the on-screen FILE editor"? Are you clicking the "Edit G-Code" button which brings up the file in gedit, selecting some text, and then using the clipboard functionality to copy/paste from one file into another?
    Or are you using the conversational editing features of PathPilot?

Can you supply a snippet of the gcode file showing an example of the "quirky symbols"?

I upgraded to PathPilot from Mach3 back in February, so I think it's the latest-greatest version.
    Yes, I am using the Edit G-Code button that brings up the file to edit. Not conversational.
    Just copying and pasting G-code.
    Lets say I right click and highlight a bunch of lines, then COPY them.
    When I paste those lines into another program, some weird symbols popped up about every 30 lines in my now 'merged' program. First it was the # symbol.
    So I had to Search thru the program and delete all the # symbols, because that symbol cannot be read.
    A second time around, a few weeks later, and with different programs, it did it again.
    But this time it was with a % symbol randomly in the program.
    Also, the text I had copied and pasted, was now pasted in TWO different locations in the 'merged' program. Once in the correct spot where I had pasted it, and it appeared again at the very beginning of the program.
    Very very Strange.
    Gremlins?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd say your spurious characters are from copying text written on Windows into a Linux program. Different line endings are used. Use notepad++ on Windows and either gedit or geany (which I much prefer) on Linux.

LinuxCNC which PathPilot is based on uses the RS274NGC standard which is different to Mach so some commands do not exist. See : http://ws680.nist.gov/publication/ge...?pub_id=823374 or the LinuxCNC web site

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au