pathpilot keyboard and mouse

Thread: pathpilot keyboard and mouse

Downloads
    Uploads

Default pathpilot keyboard and mouse

I had an issue while running a program in Pathpilot that I had not had before, trying to pause with the space bar did not work! Turns out that the usb had disconnected the keyboard-not good!

Pathpilot is still working flawlessly but the usb disconnect issue needs to be addressed, One would think the usb would reconnectl automattically after some short time period but it doesnt/didnt at least in my case............

I have often had these problems with Mach3, this is a first running Pathpilot.

Just a heads up............

Similar Threads:
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pathpilot keyboard and mouse

I think it may be more of a hardware bios issue than a Path Pilot one.
    I know that I have to use an old style keyboard to be able to boot into Linux with the Novakon motherboard. It will not initiate the USB until after the boot sequence and splash screen has passed.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe a reason to go touch screen??

I am sure its a usb computer problem, PP has been perfect here since inception

I had a tool pulling out and was trying to pause the program which didnt work as the keyboard lost its usb connection, finally hit the emergency stop, that worked.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Maybe a reason to go touch screen??

I am sure its a usb computer problem, PP has been perfect here since inception

I had a tool pulling out and was trying to pause the program which didnt work as the keyboard lost its usb connection, finally hit the emergency stop, that worked.
    Touch Screen also talks USB so it might work or it might also be failed. Likely some external interference or electrical noise is hanging up your USB. Anybody running a TIG welder nearby? The HF start on those is notorious for knocking USB devices off line.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Touch Screen also talks USB so it might work or it might also be failed. Likely some external interference or electrical noise is hanging up your USB. Anybody running a TIG welder nearby? The HF start on those is notorious for knocking USB devices off line.
    I think the air compressor was the only thing that came on possibly during the program. I have problems with the bandsaw at times on startup it will kill the computer to where it will reboot on its own. I just thought it was worth mentioning as I hadnt had that particular problem with PP. The loss of usb happened frequently when using Mach 3.

Tigging hasnt been a problem with PP, it was with Mach 3 though, dont know what difference it would make though??

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I think the air compressor was the only thing that came on possibly during the program. I have problems with the bandsaw at times on startup it will kill the computer to where it will reboot on its own. I just thought it was worth mentioning as I hadnt had that particular problem with PP. The loss of usb happened frequently when using Mach 3.

Tigging hasnt been a problem with PP, it was with Mach 3 though, dont know what difference it would make though??
    Same PC or different one? Windows may also be less tolerant of USB devices dropping off and coming back than Ubuntu, although most of the time, USB electrical-noise disconnects are at the electrical/chip level rather than OS (which is why it's tough to recover from those-- the chips are doing the blocking themselves, not the OS)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Same PC or different one? Windows may also be less tolerant of USB devices dropping off and coming back than Ubuntu, although most of the time, USB electrical-noise disconnects are at the electrical/chip level rather than OS (which is why it's tough to recover from those-- the chips are doing the blocking themselves, not the OS)

same PC

I didnt think about the OS, I imagine that was the culprit- loosing the USB ports.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

The starting spike from air compressor can mess up the USB. In my case it was the jog pendant that would get messed up. I was running a USB panel mount from the computer bay to the side of the stand. The same setup had been ok with the old computer and Mach but with the new controller and PP I would run into problems if the compressor kicked in while jogging. It didn't help that the manifold on the compressor was leaky and the compressor would kick in 3 times more often than necessary....

I installed the suppressor kit and moved things around so I could connect the keyboard and jog pendant directly to the computer and haven't had any problems since. Oh yeah, I replaced the manifold on the compressor...

bob