I’m in the process of reading the RapidTurn to cut my first part as outlined in Section 4.1. of the RapidTurn manual. I’ve followed all the instruction regarding touch off of a bank tool holder, the RH turning and cutoff tools but the resultant offsets in the table make no sense to me. I’m familiar with work and tool offsets with the mill but not with the RapidTurn.

Maybe someone can help me understand them.

1. The G54 X and Z work offsets are referenced to what? I zeroed all 3 axis’ touched off a blank tool holder in X and Z so what is the G54 offset telling me? The numbers make no sense.

2. I followed the touch off procedures outlined for the turning and cutoff tools and there are offsets in the #1 and #2 tool offset table but they don’t correspond to anything I can measure. I would have thought they would represent the tool stick out from the tool holder but they are not even close; even considering all X is in diameters.

3. When I went to select the cut off tool for touch off the control point was shown as 2 as opposed to the control point 1 shown in the manual. There was no way I could see to change it to 1.

I sure hope someone who understands this better than me can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom