Uploads

Default Re: PP 1.9.10 released

Any bugs yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Re: PP 1.9.10 released

I have not been successful with this upgrade yet. Initially attempted to install latest version but during the upgrade my machine locked up and now I have a damaged INI file. My machine will not boot up. Emailed Tormach and was basically told quickest way to get back up and running was to install the restoration disk and do a reboot. I have done this and was able to intall v1.9.10, I assumed I was good to go. By using the restoration disk meant I lost my tool offsets and any saved programs, ok. After reinstalling my tool off sets I attempted to call up a tool from my ATC menu and now am getting an ATC Z out of range error. Decided I was tired of messing with this and wanted to do some machining so I thought to reinstall v 1.9.08, well now I am back to the damaged INI file and my machine will not boot up. I am waiting on a phone call from Tormach tech service. Very frustrating.

Downloads
    Uploads

That was definitely a huge update. Quite a few bug fixes that I have read about people here having problems with.

I wonder what happened to update 1.9.9?

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meierrh View Post
    I have not been successful with this upgrade yet. Initially attempted to install latest version but during the upgrade my machine locked up and now I have a damaged INI file. My machine will not boot up. Emailed Tormach and was basically told quickest way to get back up and running was to install the restoration disk and do a reboot. I have done this and was able to intall v1.9.10, I assumed I was good to go. By using the restoration disk meant I lost my tool offsets and any saved programs, ok. After reinstalling my tool off sets I attempted to call up a tool from my ATC menu and now am getting an ATC Z out of range error. Decided I was tired of messing with this and wanted to do some machining so I thought to reinstall v 1.9.08, well now I am back to the damaged INI file and my machine will not boot up. I am waiting on a phone call from Tormach tech service. Very frustrating.
    ****. I hope it gets fixed quick.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, here is an update to my difficulties from yesterday. I had to use the restoration disk for a second time and then manually enter my tool offsets once again. The ATC Z out of range error was because when you use the restoration disk it basically wipes your machine clean, so I had to go to the ATC install manual to find that I had to lower the turret to just above the shoulder of the tool holder and select the tool position button in the ATC tab on the computer to set the ATC Z height. Also there is an Admin setting called (admin settingsbackup) that will create a zip file that store my tool offsets so in the future I can refer to this file. Going to actually use the machine today, hope this helps somebody who may have similar situation.

Downloads
    Uploads

No problems with my install and I run a few parts with no drama. I rant on another thread about software. This program and the smart people working on it deserve praise for there hard work adding features, fixing bugs "not always my bugs" and provide a solid program here that is easy to use and for me, transformed my enjoyment of making shiny little things out of a variety of materials.

one question from users and readers. is their a command for clearing the midi history? I sometimes type in bad commands and then have to skip over them when I use midi history. Any help would be great.
    Also when I type or midi t9 for example the tool number does not change in the tool number entry box down in right corner. Is this normal or correct. When I perform a manual tool change I cannot use midi history to change tool number shown, and end up entering the tool number in that box to get it to change. Running programs it changes as i would expect.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad you're back up and running! I had to do a reboot from the disc once and I created the settings back-up folder, it made the folder just fine, I moved it to my jump drive then rebooted, when I went to put the settings back-up file back on the mill it as empty, said file size 0.0mb ... I was pissed. So make sure that file actually has siht in it.

Did you just drag that file back onto the mill from your jump drive?

I haven't ever been able to enter a tool number in the mdi line and have it change in the tool number box, maybe if you type T30 or something like that but I don't know, I don't know of a history clear option either, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you move files into folders with the new update? I can't move/cut/paste/copy files into folders, I spoke with Tormach and they told me they did away with that a while back, I sure would love to have that back..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    I haven't ever been able to enter a tool number in the mdi line and have it change in the tool number box, maybe if you type T30 or something like that but I don't know, I don't know of a history clear option either, sorry.

Thanks for reply.
    I searched docs for info and found 0.00 . I will note this to the PP developers maybe they will add this option. I like to use midi history to setup mill at start up. Allows me to check and verify the state of mill and not type a bunch off commands.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    ...when I type or midi t9 for example the tool number does not change in the tool number entry box down in right corner. Is this normal or correct...
    PP 1.9.10 released-selecttool-png
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    Can you move files into folders with the new update? I can't move/cut/paste/copy files into folders, I spoke with Tormach and they told me they did away with that a while back, I sure would love to have that back..

Are you talking about moving files from a USB drive onto the PP controller? I hope this isn't the case. I ran into all kinds of problems from running off of the thumb drive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I put all my posts on to a usb drive then into the tormach controller and drag n drop them onto the tormach controller in PP. When I did the admin restore it made a file that I drag back onto the usb drive,but when I brought it back after the reboot, from the usb drive back to the tormach controller it had nothing in it, it was an empty folder. I'm just saying that it's important to check and confirm that your backup folder actually has your offset table and stuff in it and I would also like to know where your supposed to put the file that was created by the admin restore (in order to get the saved offsets and programs back onto the controller)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
    PP 1.9.10 released-selecttool-png
    Step
    Thanks for info
    Where did you find this info? Is there more information on linux cnc site?
    So typing tool number into the entry box issues the m6 command and the machine state changes to that tool?
    Have to try m6 t9 for solution to this. Jedi master turbo step is there a midi clear command?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Thanks for info
    Where did you find this info? Is there more information on linux cnc site?
    So typing tool number into the entry box issues the m6 command and the machine state changes to that tool?
    Have to try m6 t9 for solution to this. Jedi master turbo step is there a midi clear command?
    Close your eyes. Feel it. The light…it’s always been there. It will guide you..... Other Codes
    Don't forget G43 otherwise a crash is imminent! I prefer just to use the "M6 G43" button.

I haven't come across a clear command in PP but I don't really see the point myself. It can be implemented easily, I just added a new ADMIN command but a shortcut would have been much better. It's not something I need, so I won't be testing it properly.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

1.9.11 just released, just got an email to that effect, It isnt on the download page yet though.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    1.9.11 just released, just got an email to that effect, It isnt on the download page yet though.
    It's there now, along with this from the download page:

"In rare situations, updates could fail to apply correctly if the PathPilot controller becomes unresponsive
    while updating. The controller is then non-operational, and displays an error message stating it failed
    to generate an INI file.
    The update process is now more reliable due to several enhancements:
    - Improved safety of file system disk cache settings.
    - Automatic controller reboot after applying an update.
    -Automatic creation of a backup file containing PathPilot settings and tool tables prior to applying
    an update — the backup file is named PathPilotBackupSettings-Year-Month-Day.zip and stored on
    the USB drive that contains the update file.
    In the event of a future hardware failure that requires you to use the PathPilot recovery DVD, use
    the backup file to restore your PathPilot settings and tool tables: in the PathPilot interface, from
    the Main tab, type ADMIN SETTINGS RESTORE in the MDI field and click ENTER on your keyboard."

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
    Close your eyes. Feel it. The light…it’s always been there. It will guide you..... Other Codes
    Don't forget G43 otherwise a crash is imminent! I prefer just to use the "M6 G43" button.

I haven't come across a clear command in PP but I don't really see the point myself. It can be implemented easily, I just added a new ADMIN command but a shortcut would have been much better. It's not something I need, so I won't be testing it properly.
    Step
    Thanks for help!

I use midi commands to setup machine and to quickly put it into a position I want. Using a history makes this easy to repeat. when you first start for the day or while I set in front of mill
    I sometimes type incorrect commands or not properly formatted commands "not a expert midi g code user" and would like to erase history so I dont have to skip over bad commands to correct formatted commands. then I load or run programs after I verify or see everything is in correct locations....

edit after reading about g43 this will fix my problem and allow me to use midi to set tool numbers correctly. m6 g43 t9 will do what I want. What can I say I use a endmill to skim surface of my material then set zero off that. And avoid using slow hammier probe or other methods of finding z. If the x and y never change only z this method works fast for small parts.

Last edited by mountaindew; 04-29-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I post all my ops to a usb drive from my laptop and plug that into the pp controller, drag and drop then cycle start, I've never ha any trouble. The problem that I am having is that five or eight versions ago they removed the ability to organize all your **** by copying \ cutting \ pasting files into folders, so rather than having a lot of nice clean folders of different jobs with al the pertinent ops in each folder, I have a huge fcuking list of ops that I have to search thru, it totally sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast