v1.9.8 new capability - location of pic files referenced in M00 and M01 comments

Thread: v1.9.8 new capability - location of pic files referenced in M00 and M01 comments

Downloads
    Uploads

Default v1.9.8 new capability - location of pic files referenced in M00 and M01 comments

I like the new capability in v1.9.8 to have comments that open a picture file. The only problem I am having is that the pic file (i.e. jpg) needs to be stored in the same folder where the g-code file is stored. the release notes say otherwise and provided 3 folder locations but I could not get the jpg file to open unless I stored it in the same folder that the cnc program itself was in. I'd really like to be able to store them in a folder called "Images" as the release notes said was possible. Has anyone else had experience with this capability and been able store the pics in a different folder?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: v1.9.8 new capability - location of pic files referenced in M00 and M01 comments

Can you cut and paste an example of your code that is calling the images?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: v1.9.8 new capability - location of pic files referenced in M00 and M01 comments

I haven't take the time to try that feature out though I thought it may be useful sometime.

If the images are in a different folder though would it require the full path to the image in the g-code file to find it ?, like c:\xxxx\xxxxx\images ? or whatever the proper format for pathpilot or Linux uses

Downloads
    Uploads

/home/operator/....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Scott, I will give the path a try. I considered that may be necessary but wasn't sure what the proper format for paths was in this OS. Looks like fro your example that it is rather traditional.

Downloads
    Uploads

I cannot get it to work no matter what. Is the jpg file have to be in some specific size? I put the file "partsetup.jpg" in the code directory, in the home directory, in the home directory under images... Nothing.

here is my comment, although I have tried various names and putting other txt in there.

M01 (partsetup.jpg)

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally took time to try it myself, I hadn't tried it before either. Couldn't get it to work no matter the file name or path I used so figured I would ask Tormach since I was emailing/calling them about another issue and
    this is the response I received.
    " We currently have a bug with this feature that prevents it from working at all on the lathes at all and makes it a little finicky on the mill side. We have a new release that will be released very soon that fixes these issues and better defines how to use the feature. Please keep an eye our website for the update and read through the release notes to learn the syntax needed for everything to work "

So maybe in the near future it will be a useful tool.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did the same thing and got the same response. I think they sent us the exact same letter.

I didn't think it would be that useful, but then I keep forgetting to point the cooling nozzles the right way when switching tools and thought this would be a cheap and easy reminder.

The file system is case sensitive.
    Images is the not the same as images as a directory name. The file name has to match exactly also.