PathPilot

Thread: PathPilot

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot

I'd like to see them make the tool length in the offsets table default to a high number instead of Zero.. I know too many people who made a tool in cam, and forgot to enter the height in the offsets.. crash...

Similar Threads:
    Automated Machinery Designer - PCNC1100 Series III upgrade, Graziano Sag 12 Lathe
    Solidworks 2016 (SW Certified), HSMWorks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot

That is a good idea that you can implement yourself.
    Create a Gcode file that contains a series of lines like:
    G10 L1 Pxxx Z21.1111

where the xxx is replaced with the number of unused tools. This sets the length to 21.1111 which stands out nicely when the tool table is displayed and prevents running jobs containing undefined tool numbers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    That is a good idea that you can implement yourself.
    Create a Gcode file that contains a series of lines like:
    G10 L1 Pxxx Z21.1111

where the xxx is replaced with the number of unused tools. This sets the length to 21.1111 which stands out nicely when the tool table is displayed and prevents running jobs containing undefined tool numbers.
    you guys and your uber-advanced G-Code knowledge When it happened to me, I just spent some therapy time manually editing all the unused entries in the table so that Z was 8.500 Now if I forget to make an entry it will just cut air.

Automated Machinery Designer - PCNC1100 Series III upgrade, Graziano Sag 12 Lathe
    Solidworks 2016 (SW Certified), HSMWorks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPlaneDoc View Post
    you guys and your uber-advanced G-Code knowledge When it happened to me, I just spent some therapy time manually editing all the unused entries in the table so that Z was 8.500 Now if I forget to make an entry it will just cut air.
    Super idea!!

I have some parts that require different drills and reamers on the same general part, I just made them the same length so I can drill and ream with the same program for two different parts.

mike sr