PP + Sprut + 4th axis

Thread: PP + Sprut + 4th axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PP + Sprut + 4th axis

so, I just tried running my first 4th axis job on my tormach/PP...
    that did not end well... technically it never started...
    so what is up with the sprutcam post processor? why is it not spitting out code that path pilot likes?
    obviously, it Tormach broke the 4th axis post for sprut, lots of people would be complaining, so I am guessing I am just "doing it wrong"?
    what is the secret?
    why does PP not like a G50?
    why cant there be an "A" in a canned cycle?

guess for now, I will just do the code by hand, but it would be nice to get sprut to do it... that is it's job after all... it's only job...

Similar Threads:
    NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PP + Sprut + 4th axis

What version sprut? What version of post processor are you using? I have no problem making parts with my super spacer and path pilot. Spits out code just fine.
    I do remember older versions of sprut asking something about 4th axis when you generate code and create tap code file in the post process window.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PP + Sprut + 4th axis-sc4thaxisdrillsp-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sprut is old... v7 I think...
    the post is fairly newish, although I do not believe it has been updated in a couple of years...
    based on your picture, it looks like you are not running v7... that looks kind of nicer than v7...
    yes, after clicking "run post" sprut thinks about it for a couple of seconds and then asks if you want to run the 4th axis...
    did that, and it created an output including the 4th axis stuff, it is just PP does not appear to like it...

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

fwiw, looks like Tormach has a new post processor for sprut, well, sprut v8,v9 & v10 (they are up to v10 now? how did that happen?), they don't mention if it works with v7 though... may try that...

Downloads
    Uploads

I have PP+ sprut cam v10 and it all works fine with my 4th axis it works great zero issues.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The question that it asks with Sprut 7 when post processing is if your code is for a different 4th axis configuration than the standard mounted on the stepper side of the table as far as I know- I always click "no". I have Sprut 7 and am running 4th axis code fine with PP. Other than simple projected 2D contour engraving my work is all continuous rotary paths and drilling operations. So if you are multiplying tool paths I'm not sure how that would work with PP because I haven't done that yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah and I'm still running the post processor PCNCMasterPostRev1.5