Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Custom pendant for Pathpilot

Nice work !

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm like that kid waiting for Santa to bring me a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas!!!! Come on Pete..... I want my new BB gun!!!!!

I have been using the heck out of the three button controller and don't see how I've made it this far without one.

Later,
    Awall

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    I'm like that kid waiting for Santa to bring me a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas!!!! Come on Pete..... I want my new BB gun!!!!!

I have been using the heck out of the three button controller and don't see how I've made it this far without one.

Later,
    Awall

Maybe call it the RotoSlider sure is a handy tool!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Maybe call it the RotoSlider sure is a handy tool!
    I still haven't named that stinkin' thing. I called that it quickclick when I was coding it, and even the circuit card has it etched on there if you take it apart. I like Ninja-Knobs though, "so you can sneak up on it" haha.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post

Later,
    Awall
    I am hopefully going to be making the pushbutton version this week, however, business has been picking up quite a bit from the new years lull. It will be the same layout as the membrane switch version just with regular pushbuttons to get a feel for it, and to dial in the programming of course. Those membrane switches aren't cheap at the prototyping stage so I got like one shot at it lol.

Also, I went in today for a couple hours try out some things with a new project that will replace my haimer probe, thats actually looking very promising. I'll know a lot more tomorrow.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petenc View Post
    I still haven't named that stinkin' thing. I called that it quickclick when I was coding it, and even the circuit card has it etched on there if you take it apart. I like Ninja-Knobs though, "so you can sneak up on it" haha.
    I vote for Ninja-Knobs!!!!

Cannot wait for the new pendant. Push buttons work for me!

Downloads
    Uploads

I sure like my rotary knob pendant for the sliders.
    It is really handy for new unproven parts! I usually make mistakes or need adjustment on the feeds speeds etc I made a couple new pushbutton switch boxes for the PDB, it was sure handy for that!
    I wanted a more bullet proof switch than what came on the macnine.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

The latest on the pendant... I still am working on a overlay, cover for the joystick, and of course polishing up the dynamic mode.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

I Watched your video's, good Job ! I like the pendant really clean and has all the features anyone could need.
    will it be expensive ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Following. This looks like a really good alternative. Btw have you seen some of the diy membrane keyboard write ups? https://www.google.com/amp/s/paulble...ne-keypad/amp/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer56 View Post
    I Watched your video's, good Job ! I like the pendant really clean and has all the features anyone could need.
    will it be expensive ?
    It's still too early to tell the cost. I've been working on this project on my off time, for the fun of it, so its been taking awhile. But the issue, as always, is to make it cheap, you have to build a lot of them and design for manufacture. It's not quite at that stage yet, and its very labor intense to build one, but if there is enough interest I would consider putting up more resources to making it affordable. In any regard, thanks for watching and the kind words! Ill keep ya posted!

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    Following. This looks like a really good alternative. Btw have you seen some of the diy membrane keyboard write ups? https://www.google.com/amp/s/paulble...ne-keypad/amp/
    Thanks for the link, I think it would be fun to build one these. Unfortunately, I don't think I could make one of these... at least that would be reliable lol. I'd be lucky to get it to work a couple switches. I've built versions that use tact switches on a circuit board, and then the embossed overlay acts as the button. But in my experience, they still aren't the same as metal dome panel versions, and then also adding an LED becomes frustrating.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Any chance you will consider s liking it in kit form? Looking forward to the release!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDW View Post
    Any chance you will consider s liking it in kit form? Looking forward to the release!
    I got the pendant (one from the video) on Friday and worked it all this weekend. This thing is the bees knees! Couple of things take some getting used to (muscle memory) but all in all, I could not be happier with my purchase. Pete will be posting up some news (hopefully this week) with his path forward. I think I'm going to have to have Congress add this pendant to the 2nd Amendment so that I can use the phrase, "only if you pry my cold dead hands off of it will you get it back"!!!

I will be posting some review videos as well as some "how to use" videos coming up.

Later,
    Awall

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDW View Post
    Scott - yes I would love to put this in a kit and I am working towards doing that now. I have a simple breakout board, that works with PP, being made now. That will help me during the assembly process of the pendant, but also allow for others that would like to develop there own versions of control panels and/or pendants. Like most here, I really enjoy building things (we all have tormach's right?) and think it would be great for others to have the joy of building something custom without the burdens of the integration.

The pendant is waiting on a much needed graphic overlay which is in the works as well. The membrane switch version may be something I do in the future, that hasn't been decided.

Awall, who has absolutely refused to let this project die in my shop, has the first one and is running it through the paces now. It turned out great, but as he mentioned it takes a minute to get used to before your confident enough to go zoomin' around. By the end of a days use you realize how much of improvement it really is.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Like smokediver576 I ordered Pete's nifty little pendant. I've only had a day to play with it but so far it is great!

The unit is very light and about the size of a bar of soap. If anything it is a bit too small for my fat hands. Installation of the software involves replacing two files in one of the Pathpilot directories, rebooting the controller and then plugging the pendant into an available USB port.

As delivered, pressing the three buttons acts as though you pressed CycleStart, Feedhold and Stop on your touch screen. Turning the knobs (each button is actually a button plus rotating knob) controls Feed Override, RPM Override and Maxvel Override. Using an innovative but slightly quirkly user interface you can easily reprogram the knobs to zero a DRO, turn coolant on/off, jog, etc. I was initially confused by the user interface to reprogram things but watching the video at made operation obvious. Configuration changes are retained even if the unit is powered off. Definitely a keeper!

It comes with a small handle for hanging the pendant. The photo shows it hanging from the bracket that I made years ago for my currently useless (with Pathpilot) VistaCNC pendant.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom pendant for Pathpilot-_dsc9229-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody knows where can we order the Adaptedcnc box?
    tried to message Pete but his inbox is full.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cbr929 View Post
    Anybody knows where can we order the Adaptedcnc box?
    tried to message Pete but his inbox is full.
    Hey sorry about that, problem should be fixed but yea as kstrauss mentioned my email is best.

Thanks,
    Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast